Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
St. Paul’s Bloor Street is looking an individual with a can-do attitude who takes pride in their work whether it is balancing the books, summarizing the financial reports or reconciling transactions. A vibrant Anglican church located in downtown Toronto, we are looking for a professional, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people, a strong desire to serve and learn, and a heart for church ministry. The Bookkeeper is responsible for general accounting functions which supports the mission and vision of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
- Full-cycle processing of all collections, in person and online, including entering contributions to designated funds and recording donations in ACS and preparing bank deposit. Prepare and send year-end tax receipts and giving statements.
- Performs semi-monthly payroll administration.
- Administers accounts receivable and accounts payable. Codes documents such as invoices and receipts to the appropriate accounts. Pays approved invoices and mails vendors cheques.
- Maintains and updates accounting records by performing duties such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger.
- Maintains bank account records; reconciles bank account monthly and balances.
- Submits forms as required for new employee enrollments or terminations to Pension Office and other companies as required. Maintains records of benefit enrolment.
- Assists the accountant in the preparation for year-end audit and closing, the budget and other financial reports as required.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures as required
- Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic team player that’s able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Experience working in accounting within the charitable sector, including an understanding of fund accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll software is required. Knowledge of ACS Financial Suite and ADP TeamPay, is an asset
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) is an asset but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required with a proven ability to learn new software applications
- Fluency with the English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend
- Willing to submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul’s
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding all accounting records for the church parishioners, business and staff
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s
This is a part-time position: Tuesday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm, with occasional overtime. Immediately available.
Salary range: $25,000 - $28,000, plus statutory benefits depending on experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Operations
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or via email HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Bookkeeper” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 10320 ]