Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Relief Registered Nurse (Union Position)
Relief Registered Nurse (Union Position)
Niagara Falls, Ontario , L2E 1K5
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Is responsible to the Director of Care.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to changing events with minimal supervision; ensures needs of Nursing Department are met.
- Projects a solid, mature presence, reasonable assertiveness and a good perception while relating to Residents, families, staff and visitors within the Home.
- Demonstrating creativity to improve and enhance the service delivery; cooperative, open to new directives and approaches.
- Exhibits competency and loyalty to the Nursing profession, the Home’s mission statement, the Resident and is a proactive member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Receives and processes Physician orders as regulated by the Standards of Nursing practice.
- Liaises with the Director of Care on a daily basis to review the health status of Residents, the Physician’s visits, Resident/family concerns, and any changes in orders.
- Participates and/or provides input on necessary committees to achieve quality care for the Residents of the Home, specifically Infection Control, Pharmacy, Advisory Nursing, Joint Health and Safety Committee and any other task forces to implement different programs.
- Assist in the Performance Evaluation of R.P.N.’s and PSW’s on an annual or as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for replacing, supervising and orientating new personnel and nursing staff when necessary.
- Provides health teaching for Resident/families.
- Provides for administration of medications to assigned residents and documentation as directed and in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Nurses of Ontario and as directed by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care. (in absence of RPN).
- Responsible for ordering and signing for medication from Pharmacy as required. ( in absence of RPN).
- In a positive and proactive manner with the Resident, staff, visitors and the interdisciplinary team.
- To other departments concerning Resident changes and/or safety or equipment concerns.
- To the RPN residents’ needs, concerns, changes, etc.
- Assists with Doctor’s rounds.
- Observes Residents and ensures work assignments are carried out in a safe and dignified manner.
- Responsible for facilitating care conferences.
- Responsible for utilizing the Nursing process in assessing Resident’s needs and developing care plans and to keep care plan updated and current at all times.
- Documentation in Resident’s chart/ Progress Notes & keep Resident care plan current and accurate to demonstrate care required as per CNO Standards & Guidelines.
This is a casual position with no guarantee of hours. Although there are no weekly hours of work guaranteed for this position, there is the potential of working up to 40 hours per week during the current pandemic. Flexibility in scheduling is required. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. The operational hours of this facility are 24 hours per day.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Maintains current certification in CPR.
- TB test is required.
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Three years’ experience in a Long-term Care setting preferred.
- Demonstrates interest in geriatrics, capable of supervising/implementing nursing care needs of the Resident.
- Knowledgeable in the current Standards of Practice established by the College of Nurses.
- Improves personal knowledge through attendance at in-service education, seminars, remain current in LTC
- Knowledge of Point Click Care/Point of Care program an asset.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Possesses effective decision-making and organizational skills and exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Displays good physical and mental health; able to tolerate constant walking and standing.
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
SALARY: $31.89 - $41.87 per hour as per the Collective Agreement
Interested applicants are asked to contact Joanna Barber by May 27, 2022
Fax: (905) 356-9609
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all new employees within the Province of Ontario, Social Services sector. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 10535 ]