Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Brampton, Ontario , L6S 1J3
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Bramalea Baptist Church.
Bramalea Baptist Church (BBC), in Brampton, Ontario, is a multigenerational church of approximately 1400 with a congregation that is very culturally diverse but united, faithful in attendance, generous in giving and passionate in serving. BBC values compelling biblical preaching and teaching, desiring to build and strengthen our relationships with Jesus and within the body of Christ. Mission is a key focus area at BBC. We support mission abroad but also have vibrant local outreach into the surrounding community, providing practical support for needs and extending the love of Jesus through authentic relationships.
BBC is seeking a Senior Pastor who is Spirit-filled and prayer-led, a man who loves Jesus and the Church, has a passionate heart for mission and who is committed to the faithful preaching of God’s Word in a way that is accessible to people from diverse backgrounds. Since our city is so young, we are seeking a Senior Pastor who sees ministry to children, youth and young families as vital. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to relate well to people of diverse ethnicities and across generations.
The Senior Pastor is the appointed spiritual leader of the congregation, tasked with the responsibility for helping people to grow in their faith so they can live out the mission, vision and values of BBC. He will be the primary pulpit preacher, communicator of vision and developer of leaders. He reports to the Elders and Board of Directors, is accountable for the effective leadership and ministry of the Pastoral Team, and other duties assigned to him by the Elders and Directors.
Bramalea Baptist Church, established in 1963, is strategically located in the heart of Brampton. We are right across from the mall in one of the most densely populated parts of Canada’s fastest growing and very diverse city. Our story is all about how God has bigger plans than we could possibly imagine!
Our church began as a tiny church several blocks from our current location on what, at the time, was the outskirts of the new city. But the congregation had faith that God was going to do a greater thing. They found the 6-acre property at the corner of Dixie and Queen and prayer walked around it, believing God was leading them to buy it and build. So they stepped out in faith.
And God did amazing things! Soon they needed to add on to the building to make room for those God was bringing.
Our most recent addition, completed in 2019, includes a beautiful gymnasium, an atrium with café for fellowship space, amazing youth ministry rooms, meeting spaces and more.
We believe God plans to continue to do amazing things in and through the diverse church he has so strategically placed at the corner of Dixie and Queen.
BBC's vision is to leverage our central location, expanded facilities, and passionate witness of our intercultural congregation to shine prominently and brightly for Jesus, reflecting His love, as we worship, serve, and share His Gospel. Matthew 5:14,16.
We are a culturally diverse family committed to exalting God, embracing one another, equipping for service and extending God’s kingdom in our neighbourhoods and around the world.
LOVE: We love God and show this love by uniting in love within our church, families and communities. We deeply value our unity in Christ in the midst of the richness of cultural and generational diversity of His body in our congregation.
WORSHIP: We express our dependence on God through praise, prayer and the pursuit of God’s will. We regularly gather to worship God and observe the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper. We warmly welcome everyone to worship with us, especially newcomers who seek Jesus.
FELLOWSHIP: We build authentic, sacrificial and loving relationship with one another through encouragement, sharing and caring.
DISCIPLESHIP: We grow spiritually and follow Christ faithfully by continually learning, obeying and proclaiming all that Jesus commanded. We are disciple makers committed to equipping every age group.
EVANGELISM: We are passionate to reach the world, locally and globally, for Christ. We are focused on outreach through praying, going, sending and supporting. We believe in collaborating with other like-minded organizations in our community and beyond.
SERVANTHOOD: We willingly serve, using the spiritual gifts we have received from God to build up the church and bless our community. We recognize, raise up and release Spirit-led servant-leaders.
GENEROSITY: We practice generous, faithful, wise and sacrificial stewardship of our time, talents and treasure. We give generously first to meet the needs of the congregation and then the needs of the community.
CHURCH MINISTRIES & STAFF
OUR CHURCH MINISTRIES
BBC has many ministries, with opportunities for people of all ages and walks of life to find a place to connect, grow and use their giftings to serve. We are seeking to increasingly leverage our prominent location to reach out in mission and to encourage people to come and see what God is doing at BBC. Our ministries are well described on our website.
- BBC Kids
- Rooted Jr. High
- Starting Line Sr. High
- Thrive Young Adults
- Local Outreach (to low income apartments in our neighbourhood)
- Jeevan Deep (ministry to South Asians)
- Small Groups Ministry
- Arabic and South Asian services
- Women's Ministry
- Men's Ministry
- Couples' Ministry
- Seniors' Ministry
- Care Ministry
- Frontline Ministry (welcoming people) Summer Camps
- Christian Education
Bramalea Baptist is blessed to have a dedicated team of twelve pastors/directors who have a heart for God, our church and the community. They are supported by six talented staff members, including some whose specialty is tech and media, who ensure high quality platform lighting, sound, online broadcasts, video productions and media content. BBC has a core of ministry leaders and servers from the congregation, including our youth, who tirelessly serve Jesus in the various ministries of BBC.
OUR CAMPUS & COMMUNITY
BBC is situated on a 6-acre site and has a main auditorium with seating for 2,000, and an additional auditorium that seats 500. Both are equipped with modern lighting and sound systems. In addition to our new, multi-purpose gymnasium, we have two full kitchens and a fellowship hall that accommodates up to 200 people. Our building also has a prayer chapel, board room and many flex rooms that are used for various ministries. We have amazing new youth rooms with multimedia systems, a pool table, air hockey table, ping pong and other great games for youth. Our atrium is a beautiful, light-filled space with lovely tables, chairs, couches and a café area where people are welcomed to spend time together before and after services. We built our recent addition with a desire to create welcoming, friendly and comfortable spaces where people can feel at home.
Brampton is within a short commuting distance of downtown Toronto. With excellent public transit, we have easy access to major hospitals, universities and colleges, as well as Pearson International Airport. We are home to more than 75,000 businesses and have a well-developed economic base. One of the best things about Brampton is our parkland - 9,000 acres with many trails and open spaces. It is a lovely place to live and raise a family.
Brampton has a population of 768,000 people and is the fastest-growing city in Canada, with one of the youngest populations. We have a majority immigrant population, with a majority being from South Asia. The world has literally come here! We are so privileged to have people from every corner of the globe both in our congregation and in the community around us.
BBC is looking forward to welcoming a man of great passion for Jesus and His people as Senior Pastor, with the following roles:
- Primary Pulpit Communicator: Preach and teach the Word of God (as a spiritual leader of the congregation).
- Primary Caster and Communicator of the Vision: Promote and fulfill the congregation’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Primary Leader Developer: Oversee ministry staff in the advancement of the church's ministry and programs (including goal and priority setting, staff supervision, coaching and mentoring).
The Senior Pastor position reports:
Functionally, to the Elders who have the authority to govern the spiritual affairs of the congregation.
Administratively, to the Board of Directors, who are responsible for the temporal, legal and financial affairs of the congregation.
- Preach and teach the Word of God (average of 3 out of 4 Sundays per month) using personal testimony and relevant current events that inspire and encourage the congregation to “be doers of the Word, and not hearers only” (James 1:22).
- Collaborate with leadership teams to establish and sustain a spiritual leadership (lead by example) that focuses on dependency on God through prayer and growing in a personal relationship with Christ.
- Ensure that the congregants receive spiritual guidance, instruction and counsel in a caring, compassionate and timely manner through relevant and appropriate ministries and programs.
- Recruit, supervise, coach and mentor ministry staff to develop and execute innovative programs that support and encourage the congregation’s relationship with God.
- Work with staff and ministry leaders to successfully integrate various ministries and programs to equip the congregation with biblical truth and sound doctrines.
- Empower every congregant to be baptized, trained and equipped for service by discovering and using his/her spiritual gifts.
- Enable the local and global outreach teams to identify partnership opportunities and develop evangelistic outreach programs/plans to effectively reach the seekers and communicate the Gospel.
- Empower the congregation to become ambassadors of Christ within their circles of influence to show and share the love of Jesus.
- Collaborate with Elders to periodically assess progress against the established mission and vision of the church in order to develop strategic goals and priorities.
- Promote the BBC vision, mission and values from the pulpit at least annually.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to ensure efficient execution of financial, operational, maintenance, and administrative functions of the congregation.
- Oversee personal and professional development of staff and ministry leaders using effective training, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensure clarity and timeliness of communication among the core leadership teams (Elders, Directors and pastoral staff) and among the congregation.
- Lead, monitor and report (in writing) on the key results areas (KRAs) quarterly, or upon request of the Elders.
- Must meet minimum qualifications of Elder (Titus 1:5-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, values, bylaws, and doctrinal positions of BBC.
- Recent proven experience and ability to lead a large, urban, inter-cultural and inter-generational congregation.
- Gifted in biblical preaching and teaching with a mature understanding of the Scriptures.
- A passionately missional heart with related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build trust through dialogue, with grace and humility, with other leaders, staff, and the congregation.
- Can cast a clear vision, a clear sense of direction, and ensure it is well communicated to the church.
- A collaborative team leader and effective delegator, a proven leader of leaders who will lead and develop staff and lay ministry teams with excellence.
- Understands the times and culture that we are currently living in, is attuned to our society, with a general awareness of what is going on outside the church.
- Ten plus years of varied ministry experience with at least five years of experience in a lead/senior position as an ordained pastor led by the Holy Spirit.
- Post-graduate theological/divinity degree preferred, but not essential.
Location: Brampton, ON
Application Deadline: end of May, or until the position is filled
Anticipated Start Date: September 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10543 ]