Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Director of Kids & Community
Director of Kids & Community
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 3V3
Grace Baptist Church is a diverse, growing congregation in Richmond Hill seeking an organized and highly motivated people person with a passion for children’s ministry and a heart to reach others. We’re a gospel-centred community of believers building disciples who believe the good news, connect to God’s power, and share their lives with others.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has just completed studies in the Bible or religious education, but it could just as easily be a fit for someone with more experience volunteering in children’s ministry and outreach without any formal theological education. If you have passion and gifts for kids and community, we’ll provide the support and coaching you need to succeed.
What you’ll do
Provide leadership to our children’s ministries as a large group teacher, volunteer recruiter/coordinator, and program planner for weekly Sunday ministry, Christmas musicals, and summer day camp. Pre-pandemic, our Sunday school had about 25 children with teachers leading three different age groups.
Provide leadership to our outreach and integration of newcomers by helping to develop opportunities to impact our community and motivating a team to welcome and follow-up newcomers. Our ESL ministry and monthly seniors’ luncheons have reached many people, and our life groups have worked at tackling neighbourhood mission projects.
What you’ll need
- Teaching: experience in teaching children in a large group setting
- Recruiting: comfortable in proactively inviting others to join in ministry
- Coordinating: strong organizational ability
- Outreach: interest in creating opportunities to gather people from the community
- Witness: model personal evangelism and can share the gospel
- Communication: excellent verbal and written skills to respectfully interact with others
- Technology: demonstrates versatility in a wide range of computer applications
- Faith: fully agrees with the church’s statement of faith and membership documents
- Maturity: sets an example of growth as a disciple of Jesus and member of the church
- Education: theological education is a great asset but not required
This is a full-time position that offers benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications.
All interested applicants should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 10547 ]