Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Scarborough, Ontario , M1B 5R6
TrailMix VBS is a summer camp at Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church (TJCAC). It exists to guide children to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ through connections with experienced and well-trained camp staff, and through camp programming. TJCAC is a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance whose mission is to guide people to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ. Working with this ministry is more than just a job. It is a commitment to be a part of a team working towards the same vision of becoming a family of loving communities that intentionally follow Jesus Christ and sacrificially expresses His transforming presence in our world.
The position of Camp Coordinator is a full-time position starting May 16th. During May and June, the Coordinator is responsible for camp curriculum preparation; the training of camp staff; lending administrative support where needed; communicating with parents/guardians, campers and staff; and overseeing the plans for all camp programming (registration, field trips, budgeting).
From July 11th to July 28th, the 3 weeks of camp, the Camp Coordinator is responsible to oversee and direct the programming of the camp in conjunction with the rest of the camp staff. Once camp has been completed, the Camp Coordinator is required to write a descriptive report on the overall camp experience, a detailed explanation of all the camps activities and future recommendations. As well as, the organization and storage of all camp supplies and materials. This is a leadership position that will shape our summer experience for campers, families, camp staff and volunteers during our TrailMix Camp weeks.
In conjunction with the camp staff, the Camp Coordinator will ensure the effective operation of all camp programs on a day-to-day basis during camp weeks. He or she will be responsible for the supervision and ongoing training of volunteers, and camp staff; the implementation and upholding of safe practices to ensure camper and staff safety before, during and after camp hours; the successful coordination of activities and before/after care programs; overseeing the Family BBQ Celebration Day at the close of camp.
- 16-30 years old
- Passionate to work with children
- Possesses an engaging, enthusiastic, and energetic personality
- Skilled in organization, communication, and time management
- Self-motivated, creative, works well with a team
- Administrative skills: Excel, Google Docs, Google Calendar Scheduling
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Versed in conflict resolution with the ability to mediate challenging circumstances
- Cleared police background check
- Assist Pastor with preparation of camp curriculum
- Oversee Camp Registration, Scheduling, and Budget
- Assist Young Life Ministry Pastor in various tasks prior to the camp start date
- Oversee Camp Leaders through distributing tasks, managing team members
- Manage the camp email account, replying to all camper, parent (guardian), camp staff and volunteer inquires
- Prepare and execute volunteer training week (July 4-8), ensuring volunteers are well-prepared for camp start
- Maintain the function of all TrailMix programs in conjunction with the camp staff
- Identify camper intellectual, dietary and/or medical needs where applicable, and communicate with parents (guardians) to ensure the child receives informed care for a quality camp experience
- Communicate with parents/guardians and campers before, during, and after camp programs
- Monitor camper safety and behaviours to prevent accidents and enforce compliance with camp rules
- Support planning and participate in all camp related meetings and training sessions, including First Aid training day and Plan 2 Protect
- Identify, solve, and report any incidents or health and safety concerns to the Pastor
- Oversee Family BBQ Celebration at the end of camp
- Work with staff to plan and implement Volunteer Appreciation Day
- Manage staff and volunteer mid-camp and after camp evaluations
- Write ministry report to summarize learning and future recommendations
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Pastor Gabriel Ng (Gabrie.firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 13, 2022.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 10563 ]