Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
AV Technician + Camp Leader
AV Technician + Camp Leader
Scarborough, Ontario , M1B 5R6
Toronto Jaffray Chinese Alliance Church (TJCAC) is a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance whose mission is to guide people to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ. Working with this ministry is more than just a job. It is a commitment to be a part of a team working towards the same vision of becoming a family of loving communities that intentionally follow Jesus Christ and sacrificially expresses His transforming presence in our world.
The position of AV Technician is a full-time position starting May 16th. The position will have a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
For the first month, the AV Technician will be working alongside TJCAC Audio Visual Teams to assist with the weekly production for the worship service, and with the website development team.
In Mid-June, the AV Technician will work with the Camp Director to set up communications between Camp Leaders, volunteers, and parents. This individual will assist the Summer Camp Staff with any video recording and editing they may need in preparation for TrailMix VBS.
The children’s Summer Camp will run from July 11th to July 28th. For the 3 weeks of camp, the AV Technician is responsible for assisting Camp Staff with programming for the duration of camp. He or she will be responsible for the supervision of campers and volunteers; the implementation and upholding of safe practices to ensure camper and staff safety before, during and after camp hours; the successful coordination of activities and before/after care programs. Due to the increased work load, the technical responsibilities of website development and assisting the worship service production team will be paused during this time.
Once camp has completed, the AV Technician will work alongside other staff to organize the Family BBQ Celebration Day, with the focus on completing an end of Year Video.
- 16-30 years old (as part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program)
- Self-motivated, working well independently and with a team
- Skilled in organization, communication, and time management
- Quick learner and teachable
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Capable of working with children in Summer Camp environment
- Experience filming and editing videos
- Administrative skills: Excel, Google Docs, Google Calendar Scheduling
- Cleared police background check
- Assist church congregations with weekly worship service AV production
- Assist with updating and managing church website
- Assist with miscellaneous Summer Day Camp tasks prior to Camp start date
- Provide programming support to Camp Leaders for duration of summer camp (July 11-28)
- Identify camper intellectual, dietary and/or medical needs where applicable, and communicate with parents (guardians) to ensure the child receives informed care for a quality camp experience
- Monitor camper safety and behaviours to prevent accidents and enforce compliance with camp rules
- Support planning and participate in all camp related meetings and training sessions, including First Aid training day and Plan 2 Protect
- Identify, solve, and report any incidents or health and safety concerns to the Pastor
- Editing end of camp video to be shown at Family BBQ Celebration Day
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Pastor Gabriel Ng (Gabriel.email@example.com) no later than May 13, 2022.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 10564 ]