West Vancouver , British Columbia , V7S 1H3
General Position Description
West Vancouver Baptist Church is proud of our long, Christ-centered history and are now looking forward to our next chapter: serving our large, mostly unchurched community with fresh approaches to worship, teaching and other ministries. Our loving, compassionate and deeply committed congregation is seeking a very special pastor to lead us in this endeavor. You’ll have the requisite preaching and teaching credentials, but these will need to be supplemented with a warm, outgoing and inspiring approach to your work. An evangelistic flair is a must. This is a very rare opportunity for an early career-stage pastor [and spouse] to make a real impact.
- Collaborative leadership style
- Enjoys working with people and equipping them for ministry.
- Recognize that they can not ‘do it all’ but can empower others to fill in the gaps
- Is aware of their own strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates a self-disciplined life with the ability to practice appropriate self-care, manage time well, and to follow through and get things done
- Has a personal relationship with God / Jesus and not afraid to be a public witness to others
- A love for people and the ability to develop relationships
- A clear sense of a calling to pastoral leadership and ministry
- Ability to uphold biblical truths
- Able to handle power and conflict in a way that builds and encourages the Body
- Leads through people – empowering others and delegating authority as needed.
- Is committed to keeping prayer at the forefront.
- Is a gifted communicator.
- Has a proven track record of leading, empowering, and overseeing church staff / teams in church ministries.
- Ability to work and develop our outreach to a multi – diverse community
Primary and Specific Responsibilities
The Lead Pastor will provide oversight for the following areas:
- Organizational leadership, ministry vision and mobilization: Inspiring and equipping the church to pursue our Vision; promoting responsible biblical stewardship of time, money, and talents; encouraging ministries that reach unchurched residents of the community with the Gospel; fostering the integration of newcomers into the congregation; encouraging all congregants to grow spiritually and to participate in the mission work of Christ.
- Administrative leadership: Overseeing the administration of all areas of the church; supervising, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; building teamwork, maintaining open communication, and coordinating ministry through regular staff meetings; participating in committee work as appropriate; reporting to the church Council.
- Public preaching and teaching: Regularly preaching and teaching the Word of God; giving leadership to the church’s overall educational strategy, particularly with respect to the adult congregation.
- Pastoral care: Giving direction and support to the church’s overall program of pastoral care; providing counsel, comfort, and spiritual guidance to congregants and community members as appropriate.
An ordained minister, or eligible and willing to be ordained by Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
Masters level or higher theological degree from a recognized theological college
Successful experience in managing a multi-staff church in a secular, urban, multicultural environment
Scope of the position
This is a full-time position. Scheduling details will be worked out between the successful candidate and the church Council.
Compensation is commensurate with the CBWC recommendations for Lead Pastors based on congregation size and the applicant’s education and experience.
For more details about our church and the Lead Pastor position, please visit our website and view the Lead Pastor Profile document.
WVBC is affiliated with Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC) and Canadian Baptist Ministries. For general information regarding ministry application requirements and process, please consult the CBWC website.
Applicants are requested to use CBWC’s standard pastor resume format, a Ministry Information Profile (MIP). The MIP can be obtained from the CBWC website.
Interested parties may send their resume and other information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for this position is January 31, 2023.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10580 ]