Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
London, Ontario , N6E 4A3
Department: Marketing & Digital Growth
Location: Head office located in London, Ontario. Remote applications welcome.
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: May 27, 2022
To apply for this position, please visit our website
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
The Data Analyst will be a key player in Compassion Canada’s renewed efforts in exploring and understanding the neighbour experience and play a key support role in developing and iterating on new and innovative experiences through data analysis, insights and storytelling.
Reporting to the Data & Insights Manager and working alongside larger Marketing & Digital Growth teams, this role will help provide answers to the most challenging questions when it comes to the user experience and be one of many voices in developing a path toward improved, thrilling, relevant experiences for Compassion Canada’s neighbours.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular staff gatherings and chapel services,
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace,
- Promote the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key resource to various Marketing & Digital Growth teams as new neighbour products, digital products, and experiences are designed.
- Provide reports, dashboards, and scorecards via report writing tools including SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and other software tools.
- Work on data access and architecture needs to ensure that information is accessed and managed in an efficient way in co-ordination with Data Architect and Data & Insights Manager.
- Develop new insights and Key Performance Indicators to help drive efficiency and effectiveness throughout the ministry.
- Assists the department/team with other duties as requested.
- Proven track record of supporting agile mindsets and innovation efforts
- Be a natural storyteller, driven by using data to create compelling insights
- Proven ability to learn from mistakes while supporting continued advancement of excellence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well in written form for multiple audiences
- Lifelong learner
- Exceptional written, oral and visual presentation skills to interact with senior leadership as well as the full organization
- Experience and knowledge in design thinking methodologies, evidenced by continuous learning and certifications
- Experience dealing with complex problems and navigating to appropriate solutions
- Skill and ability to interpret and understand the needs and concerns of collaborators to generate appropriate follow-up analyses, reports, and identification of potential planning priorities
- Ability to work as a cooperative team member across all levels of the organization, while also having strong independent skills
- Experience using SQL and structured programming techniques
- Attention to detail, organization, be proactive, think logically, prioritize work, both independently and in groups, work with numbers, maintain confidentiality and follow policies and regulations
Experience & Education Required:
- Education in data management, data science or like discipline is a strong asset
- Experience in similar data analyst roles in other organizations
- To be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Received: Data & Insights Manager
- Within: All staff, all departments
- Without: Users (directly and indirectly), vendors
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 10588 ]