Temporary Part Time Housekeeper (Union Position)
Temporary Part Time Housekeeper (Union Position)
Niagara Falls, Ontario , L2E 1K5
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Position Purpose Summary: To provide the residents of The Eventide Home with clean linen, bedding and personal laundry services
- Deep cleaning
- Floors and horizontal surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Disinfectant is used when required for the protection of residents and staff
- Floors and walls are maintained and cleaned regularly
- Empty and clean wastepaper baskets and reline as needed
- Change and make all bedding in resident rooms as required or necessary
- Clean all residents’ rooms with a damp cloth, wipe fixtures, shelves, ledges and all other high touch surfaces with a germicidal cleaner. Remove all refuge from room. Dry and wet mop floors and place signage as required
- Clean all bathrooms with a damp cloth, wipe fixtures, shelves and ledges with germicidal solution. Sanitize toilets inside and out. Replenish supply of toilet tissue, paper towel and hand soap/sanitizer
- Clean all Staff Rooms, Nursing Stations, etc. with a damp cloth, wipe counters, clean sinks, and spot clean exteriors of cabinets, cupboards and refrigerator
- Terminal cleaning will be completed upon a room when a resident is discharged. In addition to regular cleaning, carbolizing of the bed furniture and bathroom fixture will be completed. All curtains will be removed and sent down from laundering
- Staff will complete any extra assignments as set out by the Director of Environmental Services
- Work must be completed to the satisfaction of the Director of Environmental Services
- Staff must follow all Department and Eventide Home Policies and Procedures
- Staff must follow all Health & Safety rules and work in a safe manner
- Perform other position related duties as required
This is a temporary part-time position with a guarantee of 48 hours bi-weekly. There is the potential of working up to 40 hours per week during the current pandemic. Flexibility in scheduling is required. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. The operational hours of this facility are 24 hours per day.
- Schedule may vary according to requirements of responsibilities – some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Normal hours of work are between the hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- TB test is required
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- WHIMIS training
- Experience in LTC
- Experience/Working knowledge in word processing; spread sheet use
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Maintain information in confidence as required
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Pleasant and caring personality
- Participate as an active and responsible team member
- Represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner
- Participate in supervision and performance appraisal process
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training
- Willing to continue education, to increase knowledge in carrying out job
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a team approach and adapt to changing situations
- Willing to use all skills and knowledge related to this position
- (Attendance at facility in-service education sessions would be acceptable and expected.)
- Physically able to handle daily routines and duties that may consist of bending, pushing and lifting
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities
SALARY: $20.15 - $21.12 per hour
Intersted applicants are asked to contact Greg Blonski by June 30, 2022
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all new employees within the Province of Ontario, Social Services sector. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 10636 ]