Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Oshawa, Ontario , L1H 6T7
Harmony Road Baptist Church is looking for a new pastor to join our pastoral team. About Harmony Road Harmony Road Baptist Church (HRBC) is a small church located at Harmony Road and Taylor Street, just north of the 401 in Oshawa, Ontario. HRBC has, over the past several decades, remained a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching church that aims to engage our family, our community and the world with God’s Word, in God’s love.
Pastor Rob, after 17 years of service at HRBC, retired from full time ministry. We are looking for another pastor to expand our pastoral team, which now consists of one pastor, Pastor Dave. This new pastor would work alongside Pastor Dave, who has been ministering at HRBC for approximately 20 years. HRBC is at a crossroads. As our church continues to reopen ministries shut down by the pandemic, we also anticipate the completion of a new housing development across the street which holds the potential for future ministry opportunities. We are looking for a pastor with vision who can, as part of the pastoral team, with God's leadership, help guide HRBC into the future.
Desired Qualities & Character
- A man of God who fits the Biblical description for the role. (See: 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- A strong sense of vision.
- A passion and love for evangelism - sharing God’s Word with the community
- A focus on equipping believers to participate in the task of evangelism.
- A deep joy for preaching and teaching.
- A strong Family–oriented person who takes care of their family in the same way that they would take care of the family of God.
- A sensitivity to people of all ages, particularly seniors.
- A gift for shepherding, discipling and developing our flock at HRBC.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preach on a regular basis. (75% of Sundays)
- Encourage and foster worship in the weekly service.
- Equip believers to discover and use their spiritual gifts in service of the Body of Christ.
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the congregation. (this may include visitation, counselling, and baptism/membership classes)
We are looking for someone who:
- Can articulate and describe their calling to ministry and how they have seen God verify this in their life.
- Has a profound passion and love for God, the Bible, and the Body of Christ.
- Demonstrates a vibrant, intimate, and prayerful relationship with God.
- Is reliant on the Holy Spirit and rooted in Scripture.
- Has the ability to gracefully accept and learn from criticism.
- Considers Biblical teaching and an adherence to Biblical doctrine a priority.
- Is committed “to equip the saints for the work of ministry.” (Eph 4:12)
- Relates openly and comfortably, shepherding diverse groups of people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures; demonstrates strong intercultural competence.
- Compellingly communicates the vision of HRBC in a manner that motivates others to action, working collaboratively with their team to meet shared objectives.
- Effectively leads change, courageously persevering with innovations that bring about breakthroughs in making the HRBC vision a reality.
If you feel the Spirit leading you to this position, please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in your email:
- References (minimum 3)
- Links to recent sermons, if available/applicable
If you have any further questions about this position, please inquire by email at email@example.com, or phone Hany Armanious at 905-550-1669. To learn more about Harmony Road Baptist Church, including our vision statement and core values.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10653 ]