Pastor of Youth Ministry
Pastor of Youth Ministry
Dresden, Ontario , N0P1M0
DCC is a vibrant and growing multi staff church of followers of Jesus committed to the mission of Jesus. Three words that mean an enormous amount to us here at DCC are Believe - Belong - Become.
Our vision statement is to be a Thriving Place For You to:
- Believe in the Lord Jesus
- Belong to the Family and
- Become the follower He has called you to be!
DCC is searching for a gifted and called pastor to lead and shepherd our youth! It is more difficult now than ever to navigate the ever changing world we live in, and the importance of youth ministry and true discipleship has never been more clear. In our Youth program we have an average attendance each week of 15 to 20 Junior and Senior High students, and a committed and fun loving group of Youth Leaders.
Here’s how we envision the position to be prioritized:
DCC Youth Ministry is currently built around regular Wednesday night meetings that include interactive games, engaging biblical teaching and videos, as well as great food and quality friendships. We also currently have a much loved series of off-site excursions and relationship building activities!
We have a wonderful church facility that is perfectly designed for youth ministry with a full sized gym, several living room styled spaces with full multi-media capability, a sanctuary with excellent sound and video capacity, a baseball diamond, and several acres of landscaped outdoor space. Our Youth Ministry has undergone a significant transition during the Covid closures. While our previous numbers were roughly 40 youth per week, the pandemic has reduced those numbers accordingly. This Youth Ministry is currently ready for a leader to rebuild a strong foundation once again, and prioritize discipling our kids into fully devoted followers of Jesus. We believe there is a great opportunity here to impact the lives of many youth, leaders, and their families!
The Pastor of Youth and Discipleship would:
- Give leadership to our Wednesday night Youth program
- Organize our off-site excursions
- Promote the work God is doing in our Youth Ministry to the entire church
- Build, equip, train, and give leadership to a dynamic team of Youth Leaders
- Take the primary biblical teaching role in DCC Youth Ministry
- Pray for the students and their families
- Construct a vision for the future of DCC Youth Ministry and work with the Lead Pastor and Youth Leaders to see it fulfilled
- Spend time building relationships personally with the youth and their families
- Preach on Sunday morning between 2 and 12 Sundays a year depending on gifting and calling
We are looking for someone who is passionate about discipling teenagers and creating an atmosphere here at DCC where kids want to bring their friends. Someone who believes in team ministry and is able to identify, motivate, and equip present and future leaders as well as train, delegate, and release them into fruitful ministry. We value communicating the gospel in clear and engaging ways, emphasizing not just what we should know, but how we should live it! Creativity and forward thinking would be a tremendous asset.
The new Pastor of Youth Ministry will also partner with us and give leadership to some of our Connect Ministries here at DCC. The Pastor of Youth Ministry help plan with the Lead Pastor several relationship building events each year like our annual Outdoor Service/BBQ, annual Fall Fireworks event, as well as any other fresh ideas to continue our growth together in our relationship with Christ, and reach out to families in the community.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree from a Bible College or equivalent
- Preferred: Experience in youth ministry and/or discipleship ministry
- Genuine faith in Jesus Christ
- Clear sense of calling to ministry
- Dynamic personal prayer life, and connection to the Word of God
- Leadership gifting and desire to grow this ministry through multiplication and investing in its leadership
- Genuine love for people and the church
- Agreement with DCC's statement of faith
- Bonus: We would love to see you use your unique and God-given gifts and talents here in the church, whatever they might be!
The Pastor of Youth Ministry would report to the Lead Pastor directly. Salary would be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Commitment: 40 hours per week plus 5 volunteer hours carefully balanced with family time and personal free time
Check out our website, Facebook or Instagram page to see what we're up to as a church!
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 10687 ]