Life Groups Pastor
Life Groups Pastor
North York, Ontario , M2N 3B6
Department: Congregational Life
Reports to: Congregational Life Pastor
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full time
As a member of The Peoples Church Ministry Team, the Life Groups Pastor is a seasoned leader that is passionate about leading our congregation into intentional community engagement and living into our mission as a gospel-centered, globally engaged church. The incumbent will cultivate the Life Group ministry as the primary avenue for the assimilation and spiritual growth of our congregation. Under the leadership of the Congregational Life Pastor, this role includes vision casting, equipping, and mobilizing life group leaders to guide, support and care for our congregation, ensuring that members of the congregation feel nurtured and connected.
Life Groups Oversight
- Chart and maintain the overall vision of Life Group ministry as it aligns with the mission, vision, and values of The Peoples Church
- Multiply life group leaders and increase the percentage of our congregation actively participating in life groups and church ministries.
- Oversee and continually assess the growth and health of our life groups. We currently have over 50 life groups operating across the GTA and online.
- Provide ongoing training of our life groups ministry team to ensure that proper care and spiritual direction is provided to the congregation
- Regularly meet with Congregational Life Pastor for ongoing mentoring and leadership development
- Support the Congregational Life Pastor in congregational engagement efforts to lead members and guests to a genuine sense of belonging and spiritual growth, helping them to grow spiritually and to connect with others
- Create meaningful opportunities for people to connect and to serve
- Ensure systems and structures are in place to meet the spiritual and connection needs of our church body, in person and online
- Assist the Congregational Life Pastor in the provision of pastoral care to our congregation, both at 374 Sheppard Avenue East and online
- Shepherd life group leaders and coaches and encourage their spiritual growth, community and ministry focus
- Participate in worship services by preaching, hosting, and making announcements
- Conduct weddings, baby dedications and funerals as required
- Other duties as assigned
Management, Leadership and Shepherding
- Provide leadership to life group leaders and coaches to ensure that they have fully functioning and healthy groups, both in-person and online.
- Translate the strategic plan to ensure vision and values are expressed in the life groups ministry
- In partnership with life group leaders, develop key objectives for the life group ministry that align with church goals and conduct evaluation of the life groups’ performance in building a sense of community.
- Is a mature follower in Jesus Christ with experience in pastoral care and the ability to mentor people in spiritual life and personal maturity
- Must be an ordained minister or open to ordination under the Peoples Church.
- Must understand and support The Peoples Church’s shared mandate and Statement of Faith
- A relevant university degree or college diploma (theological education) is preferred
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership, strategic planning, and people development experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build community and to work and serve in a multicultural and multiethnic context
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Committed to serving others, supporting the staff, and cultivating team ministry
- Able to articulate a vision and motivate others to participate
- Ability to equip, train and empower
- Understands budgets and can plan and maintain department finances
- Familiar with technology and experience with using social media for ministry
- Significant experience leading and directing public services and events
- Interacts with others (volunteers, staff, member) regularly
- Ministry Team level position which involves working extra hours
- Occasional travel both locally and globally
- Must attend The Peoples Church
- Full time – Sundays are mandatory
- Vulnerable Sector clearance required
- Support and understand Shared mandate and Statement of Faith
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Peoples Church is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Director of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10713 ]