Assistant Manager - Centre Thrift
Assistant Manager - Centre Thrift
Abbotsford, British Columbia , V2S 2E8
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our largest MCC thrift store in Canada. We are a Christian non-profit organization with all proceeds from our stores used to support the relief, development, social justice and peace work of MCC, both locally as well as globally. At MCC Centre Thrift last year alone, we turned unwanted items of clothing, furniture, household items etc. into over $2 million in sales.
Key aspects of this new position involve providing leadership in relation to volunteer management of 280 plus volunteers, as well as providing administrative and general hands-on support to the General Manager in relation to daily operations, work place safety and relief leadership support. This role is hands-on and involves living out your faith serving others and advancing the mission of MCC as one works alongside volunteers & staff and relates with customers and donors.
The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager. This is a 1.0 FTE salaried position (40 hours) requiring availability for Monday- Saturday; working 2 out of 4 Saturdays per month. Only those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada should apply.
MCC is a Christian faith based organization that partners with churches and community organizations worldwide to help meet basic the basic human needs of vulnerable and uprooted people, and to work for peace and justice. MCC supports activities that provide emergency relief, sustainable livelihoods, health care, education and peacebuilding world-wide as well as local programs that address domestic violence, homelessness, refugee resettlement, child poverty, employment development and indigenous relations.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to a personal Christian faith and discipleship, active church participation; and biblical nonviolent peacemaking.
- Post-secondary education in business management or a combination of education and retail/thrift shop experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of leadership experience
- High level of enthusiasm and passion for the work of MCC and the integral role of Thrift within the organization
- Knowledge of the second-hand merchandise market & basic ability to assess quality of clothing, housewares and furniture strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Strong team player; ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and create a positive experience in all interaction points with a diverse population of colleagues, customers, volunteers and donors.
- Strong administrative and organizational ability that allows one to effectively multi-task and keep up-to-date on all shop documentation requirements within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications
- Current First Aid Training Certification (may be provided in first three months of employment)
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects safely (up to 50 lbs.)
- Knowledge in WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety (may be provided in first three months of employment)
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Current eligible and legal status to work in Canada
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION & TO APPLY ONLINE
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 10750 ]