Social Media Administrator
Social Media Administrator
Waterdown, Ontario , L0R 2H1
Eagles Nest is looking for a creative individual to join our team as Social Media Administrator. Along with experience in digital communications, this individual needs to align with our values and be passionate about working for an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of others.
For more than 18 years Eagles Nest Association of Waterdown has been positively impacting families in the community with compassion and practical support. Eagles Nest works with individuals and families looking to make change happen in a supportive and positive environment. We help people cultivate healthy relationships, navigate trauma and develop self-worth. We offer counselling, coaching and support programs to adults, youth and children. Our services are free or at minimal cost to help make them accessible to everyone. We welcome everyone for who they are, without regard to religion, ethnicity, race, gender or sexuality.
Rescued & Restored is our thrift store. All the proceeds from the store support the operating budget of Eagles Nest charity, making it possible to offer our services and supports to the community.
Job Description: The Social Media Administrator will primarily work out of the HOPE Centre facility under the supervision of the Communications Manager. The Administrator will be responsible for designing and curating content to engage followers and promote our brand in a positive manner. One to two times a week, the Administrator will work at our Thrift Store to assist the Sales Associates as needed with day to day store operations and as well as take photos and create digital content.
- Create content for Facebook and Instagram and maintain a cohesive brand
- Monitor social analytics
- Schedule social media posts and consider ideal timing
- Identify patterns and suggest ways to reach a broader audience
- Engage with our supporters across social media platforms
- Research and implement strategies to improve digital awareness and increase followers
- Set measurable goals for new campaigns across relevant channels and create a report to track performance
- Find relevant curated content and share appropriate third-party content
- Work collaboratively with team to review and populate content calendar and communication plan
- Create and distribute monthly promotional email for Rescued & Restored. Maintain distribution list as required.
- Work with Rescued & Restored staff to monitor online sales and upload new products as required
- Assist with day to day operations at Thrift Store as needed
- Assist Eagles Nest team as required with events and other tasks
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills and time management skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to confidently manage different social media platforms
- Able to follow systems with attention to detail
- Experience with photography, Canva, Shopify, Mailchimp and Hootsuite are an asset
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint and OneDrive).
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Experience, background or courses in communication, marketing, and/or advertising are an asset
Start Date: Immediately or an agreed upon date no later than September 1, 2022
Hours: 30 – 35 per week
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include any handles or links to any social media platforms you have managed or other online creative digital work you have created. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 10807 ]