Development Associate, Major Gifts
Development Associate, Major Gifts
Calgary, Alberta , T2C 2G8
Job Type: Full-time, Remote
Travel: Regular travel required within Canada as well as minimal travel to international destinations
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
OneBook is a small Canadian charity with a big heart and an even bigger vision. Part of the Wycliffe Global Alliance, we want every person on earth to experience God’s Word in the language they understand best and be transformed forever. We believe this ministry happens best through locally led language development, Bible translation, mother-tongue literacy, and community development initiatives. Currently, OneBook is engaged in ongoing projects serving 40 language communities in seven countries across Africa and Asia. Since inception in 2009, our project teams have translated the New Testament (and one full Bible) in 50 minority languages. Our work is impacting more than 150 language communities and counting.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to join our small but mighty team of Canadian staff who are committed to the mission of OneBook and passionate about this wonderful work.
The Development Associate cultivates and solicits major gifts from individuals, churches, foundations, and other organizations. OneBook defines major gifts as donations of $5,000 or more annually.
The Development Associate is responsible for developing new relationships with prospective donors, as well as stewarding existing relationships with individuals, churches, foundations, and others. Working both independently and in partnership with their colleagues, the Development Associate conducts personal visits, makes face-to-face and written solicitations, drafts proposals and reports, and facilitates creative, meaningful connections with donors and prospects.
The Development Associate will have two areas of responsibility:
- Major Gifts, Churches, and Foundations – cultivation and growth of current donors and solicitation of foundations. In this role the Development Associate will have a portfolio of active donors.
- Prospecting – prospect new major donors, churches and foundations.
Major Gifts, Churches and Foundations (50%)
- Create, retain and grow a portfolio of strategic major gift and foundation partnerships through letters, proposals, telephone and email contact, personal meetings and executive briefings.
- Identify, cultivate, steward relationships to maximize donor engagement and grow both new and existing funding.
- Develop and execute organizational strategies to acquire, build, and advance donor relationships
- Develop and implement strategies for growing donations from churches and denominations.
- Identify and cultivate new prospective major donors. Major gifts are defined as $5000 plus per year.
- Identify, cultivate relationships, and solicit support from new individuals, churches, and foundations.
Other Duties as assigned
- Other responsibilities that would enhance OneBook overall performance as determined by the President.
The Development Associate is accountable to the Development Lead
Ideal Candidate Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- A heart for using your skills for the ministry of Bible translation, literacy, and community development - you want to be a part of bringing God’s Word to the people of the world in their own language.
- Demonstrated experience in major gifts fundraising, planning and development.
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and team building.
- Experience inspiring, developing and working with a diverse group of volunteers and donors.
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of OneBook to the community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and flexible individual; positive attitude, initiative, good judgment, ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Committed to bottom line results.
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time constraints.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and research skills.
- Willing to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- A valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to sign the OneBook statement of faith and standard of conduct.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 10827 ]