Production and Technologies Director
Production and Technologies Director
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y2R5
This person will be one who works for and alongside the Worship Pastor/Director and Senior Pastor to execute services, event plans and productions, directing other staff and volunteers. He/she will manage and train volunteer teams in the production and tech positions, ensuring oversight of rehearsals and all production-based events for 800 Davis Dr. and especially Valley View Alliance Church.
This person should be:
- A clear communicator and initiator
- Able to work for and with a team
- Creative & innovative problem solver
- Up to date with current design trends & interests
- Fluent on Digital Soundboards and ProTools, with experience in live sound and video productions
- Strong computer literacy and capable of learning apps and programs quickly
- Capable of being organized and keeping spaces clean and tidy
- Fluent on Mac computers and Apple technologies an asset
- Video editing and production experience an asset
- Basic level of competency with ProPresenter, OBS, and Atem Switchers
- Knowledge and experience with Planning Center an asset
Assistant/Worship Pastor/Director and/or designates.
- Create and manage excellently done productions to the standards and direction of the leadership team at Valley View Alliance Church.
- Creatively plan productions for seasonal and discipleship events to have a cohesive look and feel with the Creative Arts Team for special services and seasonal events alongside the Assistant/Worship Pastor/Director.
- Plan and engage in all worship community events alongside the Worship Pastor/Director.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant/Worship Pastor to direct and lead all production technologies.
- Develop, maintain and execute an overall plan to ensure the consistent use of and care for all Tech Audio/Visual equipment across all teams of user groups which includes multiple churches. It is our understanding that some teams will not require direct in-person oversight weekly, and others may, until they are familiar with, competent and trustworthy to use the equipment to our stated standard procedures.
- Sunday’s 5 - 6 hours per week
- Weekly Rehearsals up to 3 hours per week for a total of 8-9 hours per week.
- Special Services billed at the same rate.
- Weekly upkeep, management, trainings and other duties as assigned by the Assistant/Worship Pastor/Director or Senior Pastor 2 hours per week avg.
Expectations: Since the individual may encounter situations of a confidential nature, he/she would be required to not speak on such confidential information unless authorized. When in doubt, the situation should be treated as confidential until told otherwise.
In addition, the individual will use extreme caution and follow the internet use guidelines as stated by our insurance company. The individual must sign the statement of faith, lifestyle commitment and internet & technologies use forms.
Software and System Proficiencies:
- Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Mac computers
- Planning Center
- Propresenter & Powerpoint
- OBS, Atem Switching Software & hardware an asset
- ProTools competency is essential
- Digital Sound Boards (experience with Allen & Heath GLD80 an asset)
Other: There may be certain times of the year when the regular work hours stated above may have to be shifted due to the workload associated with certain events. (e.g. Christmas services, preparation for church-wide events, unique & emergency situations, etc.) These will be discussed in advance as they arise and any change in work hours will be decided upon jointly.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 10907 ]