Duncan, British Columbia , V9L 5L6
New Life Community Baptist Church is seeking a Lead Pastor who has a passionate love for Jesus and will lead our congregation to live out the Kingdom of God in our church, our community and beyond. Located in the beautiful Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, New Life is a multi-generational congregation that believes in discipleship through house church relationships, fellowship in weekly Sunday services, and engaging our community in service and care. Currently, our church meets in two different formats. Sunday morning worship is attended by an average of 250 people each week; additionally, 24 house churches gather for fellowship and study.
New Life has a heart for each generation represented in our congregation and seeks to root each one in solid biblical teaching and meaningful worship. We also seek to connect with our wider community, especially our First Nations neighbours.
General Position Description:
- Leadership –The lead pastor will inspire and equip the church to pursue our vision, work in coordination with the staff team to oversee the health and development of the church, and collaborate with and report to the Elders team.
- Pastoral Care – The lead pastor will provide spiritual oversight, counselling, and mentorship.
- Communication – The lead pastor will teach/preach God’s word, effectively pointing us to Jesus, inspiring our church to grow spiritually and to participate in God’s kingdom. The lead pastor will also engage with our local community.
- Personal faith - We are looking for someone who has a vibrant relationship with Christ, a deep calling into ministry, and lives out the fruit of the spirit.
- Relational - We desire someone with social and emotional intelligence and the ability to connect with the congregation. We value a leader who prioritizes mentorship and leadership development.
- Visionary leadership - We are a dynamic church rooted in biblical principles. We are seeking a pastor who can deliver a clear vision to our congregation, while embracing the gifts of the Spirit. We desire a leader who is flexible, exercises good judgment, and has the willingness to delegate. Our lead pastor will demonstrate humility, and a sensitivity to the unique challenges of our community.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, Master’s degree preferred
- An ordained minister or eligible and willing to be ordained by the CBWC
- The ideal candidate would have at least five continuous years of successful experience in a lead pastor role.
- Consideration could be made for someone with five or more years of relevant pastoral experience.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary and benefits will be based on current recommendations from the CBWC, with consideration given to education and experience.
You also will receive the opportunity to enjoy summers full of sunshine and very little snow to shovel in the winter. Come to the warmland for the weather, stay for the community.
Ministry Information Profile (MIP), cover letter, resume, two sermon samples (audio or video)
August 31st or until the position is filled. Please send an application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10992 ]