Property Service Worker
Property Service Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M5T 2G3
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a full-time, permanent Property Service Worker to carry out maintenance and repairs to the five (5) YSM buildings and facilities (except IT, phones, audio-visual & specialist equipment), in a manner that demonstrates the Christian faith. This position will also be required to help pick up and deliver donations and/or drive the vehicle(s), move furniture, set up for meetings, clean up debris and garbage around the property & entrances, take out garbage, and shovel snow and salt.
- To repair all fixtures and furniture, repair and/or replace mechanical equipment such as fans, motors, pumps and valves, adjust doors, windows and such
- To carry out minor plumbing and electrical repairs (toilets, sinks, faucets, lights etc.) carry out small repairs to walls, ceilings and floors ( dry walling, wall
- paper, painting, carpet). prepare walls, doors, frames and baseboards for painting
- To pick up debris and garbage around the property, take out garbage and recycling and ensure all properties are clean and presentable
- Help with donation pickups, drop offs, office moves, drive the vehicles as required
- To attend emergency calls as directed by the Supervisor of Properties
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and directions
- Five (5) years working in property maintenance
- Five (5) years’ experience with dry walling, plastering and painting
- Five (5) years’ experience carrying out small plumbing and electrical repairs
- Five (5) years’ experience dealing with HVAC systems
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission and values.
- A police Check will be required
Deadline for Application: August 31, 2022
Start Date: Immediately
Your resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Date Posted: August 6, 2022
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 11019 ]