Hamilton, Ontario , L8S 4K1
Title: Administrative Assistant
Position: Full-time, Permanent, 35 hours/week, In-Person
Compensation: $41,200 with competitive benefits and pension plan
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
About McMaster Divinity College
McMaster Divinity College (MDC) is a Christian graduate school and seminary, located in Hamilton, Ontario. Our mission is to develop effective evangelical Christian leaders for the Church, academy, and society through graduate-level education, spiritual development, and vocational formation.
While located on the campus of McMaster University, MDC is an independent institution. Our students reflect a broad mix of ethnic and national backgrounds, age diversity, denominations, and, of course, both men and women training together for Christian service. We aim to provide training that creates flexible and responsive graduates, ready to serve wherever and however God calls them—serving in pastoral ministry, counselling, chaplaincy, religious education, or in any other number of areas.
The Administrative Assistant will often be the first impression of McMaster Divinity College to the students and visitors who enter our building. In addition to administrative tasks involved with monitoring our front entrance, they will work interdepartmentally assisting with various tasks, projects, and events, focused largely within the Marketing and Communications department.
- Monitor our main entrance area, welcoming visitors and assisting with basic questions
- Answer phone calls, email inquiries, and schedule meetings
- Assist with planning and execution of various institutional events and meetings
Marketing and Communications
- Update website content and complete a regular audit of information
- Create new initiatives and assist in the development of website improvements
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the social media strategy
- Copywrite and edit various forms of media for publication
- Schedule email campaigns and weekly communications to students
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and create regular reports
- Assist with ordering and preparing merchandise for sale
Education & Training
- University degree
- Proficiency in Office 365 including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube, and knowledge of tools within each.
The following skills will be considered an asset to those who apply:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite an asset including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or PremierePro
- Experience using Wordpress and plugins
- Competence with DSLR camera and editing software
On-the-job training available.
Desired Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will be in full agreement with McMaster Divinity College’s Statement of Faith and will possess the following qualities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Team player attitude with ability to multi-task and be adaptable when balancing priorities
- Creative and innovative
- Tech-savvy and motivated to learn
How to Apply
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 11068 ]