North York, Ontario , M9N 2K7
Impact Childcare Centre is a brand-new, four classroom facility offering dedicated childcare programs for Toddler and Preschool aged children. We offer Christian based care by providing an environment rich in purpose and experience so as to inspire, motivate and empower children to reach their full learning potential.
We are committed to nurturing strong, healthy children and need a Daycare Supervisor to facilitate this vision amongst our staff.
Impact Childcare Centre is located in and affiliated with Christian Centre Church.
The Daycare Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Daycare Director with managing the overall operations of the centre including recruitment and development of staff, management and implementation of policies/procedures, child safety, environmental health and province licensing.
- Ensuring that all staff members are equipped and in accordance with ministry regulations, and have a clear understanding of what is expected of them in their respected classroom
- Managing administrative tasks like answering phones, meeting with parents, managing centre newsletter, parent handbook and communications as needed
- Understanding and enforcing all province regulations and ministry requirements to ensure centre licensing is never in question
- Supervises the planning and delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum for all children in the centre
- Providing effective communication to parents regarding their children should needs arise
- Ensures staff are following all cleaning procedures, curriculum, trainings, and health and safety protocols
- Manages staff schedules, absences and supply staff
- Manages the implementation of daily food programs to meet children’s nutritional needs, ensures that all allergies are posted and teachers trained on how to respond to a food allergy, and ensures accommodations are made for children with food allergies.
- Monitors teachers to ensure quality of teaching methods and offers support where needed if any gaps are recognized. Maintains good rapport with teachers by offering check-ins, assessments and learning opportunities as needed
- Reports incidents of child abuse, neglect or lack of care to proper authorities if the need arises
- Providing parents with referrals for their children if the need arises
- Sensitive to diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
- Adhering to strict confidentiality regarding children and parents
- Works with accountant to ensure payroll is functioning properly and manages petty cash
- Works in classrooms as a teacher if a temporary need arises
- Ensures all safety drills are completed, fire code is maintained and toy washing schedules are implemented
- Participate in events that promote the childcare centre
- Participate and plan social events with the staff
- Ability to lead staff meetings and facilitate workshops to be constantly in a mindset of growth, improvement and optimal care for the children in our care
- Ensures daily charts (Sign in, cleaning logs, parent communication) are maintained daily
- Updating parents on urgent matters (Ie. centre closures due to inclement weather, CAS, staff changes, fees, etc)
- Readily manages any conflict amongst staff and or parents
- Being flexible and willing to support where needed
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma (Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators- RECE)
- Demonstrated knowledge of licensing and maintains standards set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA)
- Preferred: 1-2 years minimum Childcare Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in child development and the ability to create effective programs to meet the developmental needs of Toddlers and Preschool aged children
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with children in a childcare setting
- Up to date with First Aid and CPR or willing to complete those certifications
- Ability to obtain a clear and valid Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Why Work For Impact Childcare Centre?
- Employee Benefits, sick days and vacation days
- Full Time position (35-40 hours per week)
- Small and friendly, close knit working environment
**Please note, RECE is required, but we are open to individuals with transferable supervisor skills such as: ece, ece assistant, childcare experience, montessori experience, etc.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 11146 ]