IT Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Analyst
Toronto, Ontario , M4A 2S4
Location: 10 Carnforth Road, Toronto
Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Service Desk Analyst who will be the main point of contact for technical support and service to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Assist employees with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of systems hardware and software;
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components;
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone;
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions;
- Conduct daily network backup operations;
- Ensure that the IT system is secure from external threats;
- Log queries of customers and employees;
- Analyze call logs to discover any underlying issues or trends;
- Escalate advanced IT issues to higher-level support specialists and experts if required. This may include receiving the user’s hardware, keeping a log of equipment and providing backup equipment to the user so that a specialist can analyze and determine how to resolve the issue/s;
- Perform system updates and repairs to prevent future issues;
- Maintain IT documentation by creating, editing documents including outcome of issues, FAQ documents, detailing standard operating procedures and help sheets that can be distributed to the organization;
- Proactively research and seek solutions to potential future issues, ensuring team collaboration, including informing manager of areas for process improvements within IT;
- Participate in IT related team activities and special projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an IT service desk analyst or equivalent in an organization supporting remote and in-office users;
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems;
- Demonstrated successful work experience exhibiting technical problem-solving, communication, time management and collaborative skills;
- Demonstrated successful experience managing multiple projects and knowing how to prioritize;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Power Point;
- Experience working with multiple departments and individuals and successfully handling situations and information with confidentiality and diplomacy;
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal);
- Experience in Active Directory and Office 365;
- Raiser’s Edge experience is preferred.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas. As we celebrate 110 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures.
Join our growing team at this exciting time! Please forward your CV along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to email@example.com by September 30th 2022.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the CBS. All offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks, credit check and Police background check.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 11149 ]