Puslinch (Guelph), Ontario , N1H 6H9
Duff’s Church in Puslinch seeks a part-time (20-25 hours/week) “Pastoral Leader” for a one-year contract position. Duff’s is a small vibrant church community that wants to grow in community and share God’s love with the world. Duff’s is known for its outstanding hospitality and generous outreach to the community. The church building is located only steps from the 401 on a major road that heads north to Guelph. The Duff’s congregation is characterized by strong, committed leadership that wants to make a difference in a hurting world.
The Pastoral Leader of Duff’s Church will pursue the renewal of the congregation as we come
out of this global pandemic by focusing on pastoral care. They will lead the effort to welcome
newcomers and strengthen existing ministries/activities by coming alongside current leaders.
They will also mentor and develop new leaders. They will find creative ways to reconnect the
members and adherents of the church after the separation of COVID and invite others into the visioning and implementation of such events and/or programs.
- Committed Christian
- Experience in congregational leadership
- Understands and is willing to represent the Reformed/Presbyterian tradition
- Theological education (seminary or otherwise) is an asset, but not required
- Demonstrated achievement in leadership and the development of other leaders
- Responsible for pastoral care and visiting
- Reach out to newcomers and to long-time church members as we come out of the pandemic
- Identify and develop new leaders for the congregation’s ministries
- Meet regularly with the Church Administrator and the Music Director
- Plan and lead worship services, including preaching, as needed
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with 4 weeks of paid vacation and
Applications (resume and cover letter) should be sent to Doug McCaig at
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 11173 ]