Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Paris, Ontario , N3L 3L6
Paris Baptist Church is seeking a full-time lead pastor who is a committed Christian, called by God into ministry, and is spiritually gifted with preaching, evangelizing, discipling and leading the congregation in a closer walk and commitment to Jesus Christ. This individual must have a caring heart for reaching the people in our community with the gospel, as well as loving and encouraging the church to connect and care for each other and the people of the Paris area. The Lead pastor must be a genuine, enthusiastic, trustworthy and humble individual, able to lead our church in achieving our mission and vision goals. (Titus 1:7-8). Paris Baptist is a relatively small church with the desire to grow with our community.
OVERVIEW OF CHURCH AND COMMUNITY
Paris Baptist Church (PBC) located in the heart of beautiful downtown Paris, is a caring, generous, and friendly congregation with a strong sense of family and community. The church was established in 1843 and currently worships in our historic building built in 1885. The building has attractive classic features, with recent renovations providing some accessibility for people with physical disabilities. The individuals making up PBC are strong supporters, and most congregants take on active roles and responsibilities in the church. Our leadership maintains an emphasis on providing biblically based in-person and online worship services. Church attendance since the pandemic has been on average 50 people, ages 7 to 90+. We would like to find ways to minister to more younger families that are moving to this growing community. Our church ministries focus on the Sunday worship service, small group Bible studies, Sunday school and opportunities for fellowship and encouraging seniors. We have in the past initiated several community-based outreach events and we actively support local community ministries such as Child Evangelism Fellowship, Friendship House, Food Drives, as well as international missionaries.
The Town of Paris, located within Brant County in Southern Ontario, is a quickly growing community built around the Grand and Nith rivers, expanding to the north and south. Many people have moved to this community but commute to the Waterloo or the Hamilton- Wentworth region to work. The town of Paris has a hospital and new Health Hub centre providing a range of health care services and social services. The Paris area offers many job opportunities, a picturesque home town feeling, and close proximity to several major cities. Our church neighbours are an elementary school and our public library.
CHURCH PURPOSE| MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to encourage people to come to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and to lead them into a growing relationship with the Lord.
Our core values which inspire the vision for our church are:
- Spiritual growth through preaching, teaching the Bible, discipleship, prayer and worship
- Reflecting God’s love by loving each other, loving our community, those in need
- Serving the Lord by using our gifts and talents and by giving our time, energy and offerings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Mature relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, including an active prayer life
Clear calling to be in ministry as the lead pastor of our congregation in the community of Paris Master level degree from an accredited seminaryCBOQ accreditation or the willingness to acquire accreditation Affirmation of “This We Believe” and “Statement of Ethical Pastoral Conduct” by CBOQ
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preaching for Sunday services
- Planning and leading of worship services along with a small group of volunteers Teaching, developing discipleship training, and supporting small group Bible studies Inspiring and encouraging outreach and evangelism in the community
- Pastoral care of the congregation and visitation
- Enthusiastic leadership while entrusting various ministry responsibilities to groups of volunteers
- Strong ability to preach and teach through Biblical exposition and the ability to clearly apply scripture relevant to our daily lives
- Evangelistic skills with the ability to clearly communicate the gospel and reach people for Christ Compassionate counsellor and caregiver over the congregation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships with diverse age groups Comfortable with hospital visitation and visits in homes
- Good communicator and listener
- General administration and organizational skills are necessary when working in a small church
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 11185 ]