Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
You won’t often hear people describe their time at Muskoka Woods as just a “job” because it’s so much more! Built into what you do is a supportive community and intentional staff training. Additionally, at Muskoka Woods, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people everyday; to invest in their development and watch them grow into their best version of themselves. Come be an important part of our mission to inspire youth to shape their world!
Muskoka Woods is currently looking for a full-time Sous Chef to provide quality food service to our staff and guests. The Sous Chef oversees the day-to-day cooking operations while complying with all Health and Safety standards, proper food-handling techniques and Muskoka Woods standards. The Sous Chef also provides leadership and direction to kitchen personnel, maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. If you’re a highly skilled professional cook with experience planning and managing food preparation in a professional kitchen, we’d like to hear from you!
Benefits of working at Muskoka Woods:
- Working on beautiful Lake Rosseau in the heart of Muskoka
- Intentional staff development
- Access to facilities and staff care events
- Build your network to help you further your career
- Training to help prepare you for what’s next
- Meals included on shift
- Staff discount on merchandise from The Camp Store
- Potential accommodation available
- Salary and Health Benefits
Key responsibilities include:
Oversee food preparation and cooking:
- Assess inventory, prepare daily production list, verify recipes and quantities.
- Cook meals as assigned
- Work with the Head Chef to plan and provide a weekly Special Diet menu.
- Be creative in utilizing leftover inventory and adding sizzle to meals.
- Contribute ideas to the overall menu planning.
- Ensure quality control of all meals and salad bar through daily checks of each meal
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of the kitchen:
- Ensures the pantry, all fridges, freezer, cooking line, prep kitchen, equipment, dish area, loading docks, and walk in are clean and organized by supervising the daily cleaning routines through organization, participation, schedules and checklists
- Receives product, verifying invoices and freshness of merchandise, puts away and organizes deliveries as required
- Ensures fridge/freezer temperature sheets are being maintained
- Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements
Lead, train, and manage the team and individuals:
- Participate in and help implement quarterly Staff Development Weeks
- Plan and implement ongoing training of staff
- Plan and implement weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team and individuals ensuring growth rings are completed in a timely manner
- Assign staff schedules
- Work alongside and coach as required
- Participate in community events and initiatives when possible ie Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings
- Participate in meetings as needed.
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Organize time and keep the office clean
- Personal and professional development
- Other requests as outlined by the Head Chef
Skills and attributes required:
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Strong people and time management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Enjoys working with young people
- Ability to work within the larger team of Muskoka Woods
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
- College/university degree or equivalent in experience
- Red Seal Chef or equivalent in experience
- 4 to 7 years of cooking/kitchen experience
- 2 to 3 years of proven leadership experience of young people and adults
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of staff
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff
About Muskoka Woods
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world and our calling is to be a living exhibition of life with God.
Muskoka Woods is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and are provided with equal opportunity for success. Muskoka Woods encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform us by calling 705-732-4373 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be handled with strict confidence.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 11225 ]