Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
London, Ontario , N6K 3S4
- Provide spiritual leadership to the congregation in the position of Lead Pastor through preaching, worship, counselling, teaching and ministry program development.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Board of the Church and Committees as required.
- Provide supervision for and mentorship to Ministry Staff.
- Live a life that upholds Christian principles as a church leader and as a follower of Jesus Christ.
Westview Baptist Church is a mid-size congregation located in the South-West area of London in a demographically and growing diverse community. Diverse in ages but with a majority of older adults, ours is a congregation eager to explore further ways to serve and reach our community and rapidly growing city. Our ministries include a monthly Food Cupboard ministry, mid-week children and youth programs, senior activities and small groups. We were pleased to host an Indigenous Learning Conference September 23-25, 2022 and look forward to a Church Refugee Sponsorship.
The preferred candidate will have or be able to obtain accreditation credentials with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Minimum education requirements are a B.Th. degree but preferably a M.Div. degree.
- The Lead Pastor shall be the primary spiritual overseer of the Church. The role is exercised in cooperation with the Executive Board. The Lead Pastor reports to the Executive Board.
- The Lead Pastor is both supervisor and coach for other ministry staff and a resource for ministry programs.
- The Lead Pastor provides pastoral care to members of the congregation and community.
- The Lead Pastor will at times be a point of connection for the congregation and the community and to the denomination.
We are seeking an individual who has strengths in preaching that is biblical and relevant and engaging. Loving God and continually being aware of God’s love and living the gospel of Jesus are essential requirements.
Experience as a Lead Pastor would be an asset but not necessarily required, however being a mentor and supervisor for other ministry staff is a requirement to for the position of Lead Pastor.
It will be important to model compassion, humility and genuineness in leadership and relationships. Skills in preaching, worship leadership, teaching and counselling are required. The ability to lead, explore and encourage others in reaching and showing Christ’s compassion to the community and within the congregation will be necessary skills. Possessing an understanding of relevant social issues and an appreciation for the existence of differing viewpoints within a congregation will be important.
A cover letter with the completed CBOQ Ministry Information Profile (MIP) may be sent to:
The Pastoral Search Committee
Westview Baptist Church
1000 Wonderland Road South
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 11239 ]