Global Development Officer
Global Development Officer
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
The Global Development Officer (GDO) is responsible for prospecting and developing relationships that aid in acquiring new donors and soliciting funds from new, existing donors, corporations and foundations. This relationship will meet the supporter’s philanthropic wishes and achieve the ministry growth plans. This GDO will work with the donors in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
Donor Management / Donor Facing (30%)
- Look after the donors in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
- Prospect potential donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Acquire, cultivate, and grow new donors and foundations.
- Steward and provide opportunities to engage donors so they grow increasingly committed to the ministry.
- Promote and encourage donors to participate in our Legacy Giving program.
- Recruit, coordinate and participate in ministry trips with major donors.
- Travel to meet donors within the region.
Business Development (40%)
- Develop relationships with current donor portfolios to deepen and broaden existing philanthropy commitments.
- Develop and implement strategies that will open new donor markets with the primary focus on multi-cultural sectors.
- Solicit and acquire funds to meet annual financial goals.
- Innovate - undertake research, analyze data and make recommendations regarding new opportunities and ventures which can enhance the ministry, and which can lead to new revenue sources and increased giving.
Administrative Aspects (30%)
- Plan, participate in the creation of and edit personalized, compelling project proposals to various audiences.
- Create donor reports, take meeting notes and produce other documentation as required.
- Familiarity with moves management and fundraising and donor relations management systems such as Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent completed post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales or fundraising role with a proven track record of success
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, to articulate the vision of the organization as well as motivate and inspire others to participate.
- Demonstrates ShareWord’s 4 core values: Grace, Humility, Action, and courage.
- Demonstrates passion for Biblical stewardship and raising funds for the primary purpose of sharing God’s Word.
- Must possess the ability to promote ShareWord Global to a wide range of people and groups.
- Highly relational and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Christian ministry or non-profit sector.
- Successful track record as a professional fundraiser or as a relational salesperson with the ability to make the ask and solicit funds.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience writing proposals, and developing implementation/prospect plans.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365, and Apple products (MacBook) including Google drive and Gmail. Some experience with CRM’s would be an asset.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
The hiring range for this role is $60,000 - $70,000.
- 15 days base vacation days.
- +12 sick days/year (accumulates up to 85 maximum, which is the short-term illness bank as well).
- +2 personal days per year (these expire if not used within the calendar year).
- +3 long weekends on summer holidays (May, July, September).
- Cell phone allowance and laptop/home office hardware provided.
- Car mileage up to 200KM or car rental reimbursement.
- DCPP Pension Plan 5% matching (Sun Life).
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, including a staff EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
- HCSA (Flex benefit account) of $100/month.
- Learning Budget provided $1500 per employee, per year.
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Remote, work from home.
More About ShareWord
ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of ShareWord Global.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 11315 ]