Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
The Executive Director reports to the Rector (Senior Pastor) and will work with her to shape the strategic vision and steward financial and leadership resources, ensuring alignment with the mission and vision of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Work with the Rector to develop and implement organizational plans for strategic priorities.
- The priorities include, but are not limited to, building the infrastructure of our Ministry Apprenticeship Program (MAP), Parker Endowment, investment policy and strategic purpose, and the physical redevelopment of St. George by the Grange (SPBS's church plant).
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Operations at St. Paul's Bloor Street, assuming responsibility for finance and accounting, and along with the Rector and Director of Operations, providing leadership and oversight to operations at St. George by the Grange.
- Liaise with and support the Board of Trustees and other current and future leaders in the organization.
- Provide support to internal ministry development including criteria to measure and evaluate ministry impact.
- Provide support to the Board of St. George by the Grange.
- Ensure sustainable financial resources to implement strategic and operational priorities, plan and execute the annual budgetary process. Ensure compliance to policy and ministry strategies to meet ministry objectives including the annual Church audit.
- Oversee full cycle accounting and month-end process including processing of income and expenditures, staff payroll, and all government filings, in collaboration with the Bookkeeper.
- Diligently comply with diocesan, provincial and CRA legal requirements by staying up to date on new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising the Board on needed actions.
- Oversee and appropriately direct risk management across the organization.
- Report to and provide staff support to the Audit & Finance and the Investment Committees, including monitoring performance of the investment portfolio.
- Provide financial oversight to St. Paul's Bloor Street and St. George by the Grange.
Stewardship and Planned Giving
- Ensure alignment of long term financial needs to support gospel ministry with stewardship strategy.
- Develop and implement stewardship strategy that will assist in the successful stewarding of major and planned gifts.
- Develop and implement stewardship strategy for regular operational giving and integrity of donor database.
- Ensure best practices for online giving and engage, along with the Rector, with donors as needed.
St. George by the Grange Project Management
- Work with the St. George’s Management Board to lead the estimated $15MM renovation.
- Engage a developer that is aligned with St. Paul's Bloor Street's values and work with them to fulfill short- and long-term church plant goals.
- Manage developer, development construction, and finances for this project.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A desire to grow the gospel ministry of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
- A thorough knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the charitable sector in Ontario and the functioning of a church within the Diocese of Toronto.
- A Canadian CPA or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Finance and Accounting, including an understanding of fund accounting and Charitable legislation preferred.
- Solid experience in successfully envisioning, facilitating change, and achieving strategic goals.
- Willingly submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul's Bloor Street.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated professionalism, confidentiality, and tact.
- Fluency with the English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to liaise with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent issues, projects, and tasks.
- Strong organizational, planning, execution and time management skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of technology for daily operations and external communications.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
The hiring range for this role is $110,000 - $120,000.
- 4 weeks vacation and additional week between Christmas and New Years.
- Laptop provided.
- Cell phone plan coverage provided.
- Free underground parking available at St. Paul's Bloor Street.
- Pension Plan 5% matching (The Anglican Church of Canada).
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits; life insurance, long-term disability benefits.
- This is a full-time position in-person at St. Paul's Bloor Street, located at 227 Bloor St. E. in Toronto, with the potential for 1 day remote.
- Work schedule will include evening and weekend hours.
- Under the Diocese of Toronto’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all employees of St. Paul’s Bloor Street are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (if they are able to do so).
- St. Paul’s Bloor Street is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity to apply.
More About St. Paul's Bloor Street
St. Paul's is a growing and dynamic Christian community. We are based in a historic building in downtown Toronto but our community is spread all over the city. Members of St. Paul's are learning how to live as followers of Jesus in their places of work, in their homes and as they interact with their friends and family.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 11318 ]