Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Marketing and Events Assistant
Marketing and Events Assistant
Hamilton, Ontario , L8S4K1
Title: Marketing and Events Assistant
Position: Full-time, Permanent, 35 hours/week, In-Person
Compensation: $42,436 with competitive benefits and pension plan
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
About McMaster Divinity College
McMaster Divinity College (MDC) is a Christian graduate school and seminary, located in Hamilton, Ontario. Our mission is to develop effective evangelical Christian leaders for the Church, academy, and society through graduate-level education, spiritual development, and vocational formation.
While located adjacent to McMaster University, MDC is an independent institution. Our students reflect a broad mix of ethnic and national backgrounds, age diversity, denominations, and, of course, both men and women being educated together for Christian service. We aim to provide education that creates flexible and responsive graduates, ready to serve wherever and however God calls them—serving in pastoral ministry, counselling, chaplaincy, academia, or any other number of areas.
The Marketing and Events Assistant will work interdepartmentally, assisting in the planning and implementation of various institutional events, while managing projects and tasks within the Marketing and Communications department.
- Monitor our main entrance area, welcoming visitors and assisting with basic questions
- Answer phone calls, respond to email inquiries, and schedule meetings
Marketing and Communications
- Update website content and complete a regular audit of information
- Create new initiatives and assist in the development of website redesign
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the social media strategy
- Copywrite and edit various forms of media for publication
- Schedule email campaigns and weekly communications to students, staff, faculty, alumni, and donors
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and create regular reports using Google Analytics and other software
- Assist with ordering and preparing merchandise for sale
- Assist with planning and execution of various institutional events including conferences, convocation ceremonies, and fundraising events
- Coordinate promotion of events, including creating and managing distribution lists
- Respond to event inquiries in a timely manner
- Organize online fundraising auction in coordination with External Relations department
Education & Training
- University degree
- Proficiency in Office 365 including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube, and knowledge of tools within each.
The following skills will be considered an asset to those who apply:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, an asset including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or PremierePro
- Experience using Wordpress and plugins
- Competence with DSLR camera and editing software
On-the-job training available.
Desired Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will be in full agreement with McMaster Divinity College’s Statement of Faith and will possess the following qualities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Team player attitude with ability to multi-task and be adaptable when balancing priorities
- Creative and innovative
- Tech-savvy and motivated to learn
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please quote the position title in the Subject line of your email and include your agreement with our Statement of Faith.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 11514 ]