Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Discipleship Pastor (Full-Time)
Discipleship Pastor (Full-Time)
Mississauga, Ontario , L4V 1Y3
We are seeking a Full-Time Discipleship Pastor to join our pastoral team: a pastor who loves God and his church; a pastor who is a faithful follower of Jesus and is able to disciple others to grow as faithful followers of Jesus; a pastor who shares a dream of building a healthy church that glorifies God, equips God’s people and blesses the nations.
New Hope Fellowship is an English Ministry of Light Presbyterian Church and has a network of three campuses in the Greater Toronto Area. Mississauga Campus is a growing church community (current Sunday attendance of around 200 adults and 100 children with over 120 members actively serving in various ministries). We exist to glorify God by moving with a gospel-centred missional spirituality. We have witnessed much evidence of God’s grace, especially over the past few years, whereby people’s lives have been transformed by the power of the gospel and the work of the Spirit. We are devoted to prayer and God’s word to guide and fuel our life and ministry. We value authentic fellowship, teamwork, and every member-ministry through which the body of Christ is built up to the fullness of Christ. We aspire to reflect the glory of God through our life and ministry together. We endeavour to spread the glory of God through our missions locally and globally.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes
- Collaborate with the pastoral and lay leadership teams to cultivate a healthy discipleship ecosystem so that members grow as faithful followers of Jesus.
- Equip members with God’s word so that they can do the work of ministry in the church and live a missional life in their daily lives at home, work and public square.
- Develop discipleship pathways so that nonbelievers can come to faith and believers can grow in faith and mature as fruitful disciple-makers.
- Build discipleship team and ministry structures so that members are mobilized to lead classes and discipleship ministry is organized with coherence.
- Shepherd members, especially college and young adults, through visitations, pastoral care and counselling so that they can be strengthened in their faith.
- Gospel Conviction: You love Jesus Christ, cherish the gospel and seek God’s kingdom.
- Calling: You have a deep sense of God’s call to serve as a pastor and shepherd God’s people. • Character: You have a lifestyle congruent with the biblical qualification of a pastor/elder (1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9).
- Teaching Competency: You are gifted in teaching, rightly handling God’s word and relevantly applying it to the life and ministry of God’s people.
- Missional Passion: You have a passion to know Christ and to make him known in all nations.
- Team Player: You put the interest of others first and pursue unity for the sake of the church’s mission. Key Relationships
- Pastoral Team: You work very closely and meet regularly with the pastoral team to pray and plan various ministries of the church.
- Lay Leadership: You work closely and meet regularly with the discipleship team to discern and develop discipleship curriculums.
- College Young Adults: You work closely and meet regularly with the members of the college and young adults to shepherd them.
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent/ higher degree from an accredited seminary.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in pastoral ministry at a local church.
- Competency: Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational & interpersonal skills. Salary Expectation Compensation will be commensurable with qualifications and experience.
- Testimony (sharing how you came to faith and how you were called into pastoral ministry)
- C/V (highlighting ministry experiences and educational background)
- Ministry philosophy and vision for discipleship ministry
- Two references Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 (Open until filled)
Please submit your application to HR@newhopefellowship.ca.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Charles Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our church, please visit our website www.newhopefellowship.ca.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 11522 ]