Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Markham, Ontario , L3R 5A2
Toronto Christian Community Church (TCCC) is a multi-cultural inter-generational evangelical community church, which provides worship services in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and for children. TCCC ministry philosophy emphasis on disciple-making, marketplace witness, community care and holistic gospel outreach.
We are inviting people who have a calling, children-loving, and have a heart for teaching children about God to join our team.
General Goals of the TCCC Children Ministry
Our Ministry Vision:
To disciple each child in the context of a race (1Cor.9:24) with the goals of training them in worship (READY); grounding them in Scripture (SET); and applying the Great Commission (GO).
Our Ministry Mission:
To bring children to spiritual maturity through: FELLOWSHIP with other Christians, LEARNING and LIVING Christ’s teachings, OUTREACH to others, WORSHIPPING Him alone and doing SERVICE in His name.
Our Ministry Core Values:
Committed to faith in Christ; committed to prayer for all work; committed to living out biblical teachings; committed to outreach; committed to using our God given gifts.
General Objectives of the Position
- To work with the church leadership on different levels;
- To work closely with the ministry committee and the ministry deacon(ess);
- To be a positive representative for children ministry in and outside TCCC agenda;
- To work with our church Association of churches (ACEM) in their special events;
- To be a good role-model and shepherd to the children (birth to grade 8);
- To be a good partner/support to the Gibson Community Centre ministry and events;
- To be a disciple-maker to the young generation.
Children Age: Primarily from 2 years old to Grade 8
- Overlook/facilitate weekly Sunday school operation;
- Effectively network/recruit/coordinate volunteers (Sunday school teachers and helpers);
- Orientation of new teachers/helpers, provide trainings when necessary;
- Coordinate teachers/helpers to attend Children Ministry Conference or hold in-house Teacher’s Training Workshops;
- Review volunteers’ allocation seasonally to ensure the best outcome of human resources.
- Choose, order, and organized curriculum before the beginning of Sunday school year;
- Prepare and sort curriculum according to the three services children Sunday School every semester;
- Distribute curriculum for each grade (three services) every semester;
- Prepare or provide necessary lesson resources or craft materials for teachers/helpers; according to their instructions on a weekly basis.
- Plan/coordinate/evaluate D4G (Disciple for God) fellowship programs with the committee;
- Plan with fellowship committee and participate in leading the program.
Other Annual Programs and Events
Include Summer Children Day Camp, Mission Conference children program, Family Fair (Community Outreach) – October 31st
Provide pastoral care and support to children and their parents, and the teachers and volunteers.
- A Bachelor's degree in theological training (Master's degree preferably);
- English as major medium of communication; fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin will be an added asset;
- A sound evangelical theology and a biblically grounded ministry philosophy in children ministry;
- Loving, approachable personality, team player and a people person;
- Experienced in children ministry;
- High degree of literacy into the digital and social media world;
- Report directly to Children Ministry lead pastor.
Applicant should submit their letter of intent and resume before July 31st, 2023 to HR Committee Mr. Terence Lui by email (HR@tccc.ca) or mail to:
Toronto Christian Community Church
100 Acadia Ave, Markham ON L3R 5A2
Attn: HR Committee, Mr. Terence Lui
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 11642 ]