Desbarats, Ontario , P0R1E0
About the Church
Calvary Baptist Church is currently a congregation of about 50 people. A tight-knit and very close group, representative of the community as a whole, we thrive on the intimacy and camaraderie that such a small congregation provides. We meet on Sunday mornings for services and also run prayer meetings Wednesday nights. We have come through the pandemic and are looking to re-implement and grow programs and activities that were lost or delayed due to public health measures.
About the Community
Desbarats (pronounced "Deb-ra") is a hamlet of a few hundred people within Johnson Township, about 40 minutes East of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Surrounded by a mix of Canadian Shield and arable farmland, the community is known for its closeness.
- Agreement with Calvary Baptist Church’s Constitution and Statement of Faith.
- Meets biblical qualifications of an elder/overseer.
- A graduate of a recognized evangelical seminary, university, Bible Institute, or college.
- A strong, personal, and active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Shepherding this flock of God through providing leadership according to the instructions of Scripture.
- Preparing and delivering weekly sermons, as well as other teaching, counselling, and evangelism.
- Provides spiritual leadership to the church in its pursuit of worshipping God and introducing people to Jesus Christ.
- Assuming a position on the Elder’s board.
- Administrative duties for the Church, Elder’s Board, etc.
- Living Situation
- Manse located on church property. Housing is provided as part of employment but utilities are the responsibility of the occupant.
- Specifics of financial package will be finalised at time of hiring.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 11852 ]