Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Camp Administrative Coordinator
Camp Administrative Coordinator
Markham, Ontario , L3R 0K6
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 350+
Job Type: Summer Position
Position Status: Full Time, Summer
Potential Start Date: May 15, 2023
Potential Duration: 16 weeks
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Last summer, we had 400 campers join us for Power Up! Camps. The Camp Administrative Coordinator will support the administration and communication of camps.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As a team, collaborate with camp staff and Pastor of Children’s Ministries to plan activities for camp, volunteer onboarding and more
- Assist in Sunday morning programming as needed
- Responsible for communication with parents, staff, volunteers such as booking camp trips/activities, managing budget/finances, overseeing camper registrations
- Responsible for parent and volunteer communication through the website, phone calls, text/email updates and other mediums
- Address disagreements between camp staff, volunteers and between children if applicable
- Ensure children are engaged, actively get to know the children and leaders
- Take initiative to complete tasks & think ahead of schedule in case of emergencies &/or changes
- Be an example for all camp staff and volunteers in terms of having a passion for serving & leadership abilities
- Assist in debriefs; gather feedback to help improve camp; implement changes for the next camp and communicate with leaders
- Responsible for administrative duties post-camp including ensuring all incident report, medical forms, etc. are stored appropriately on the server
- Assist in camp clean-up/set up for next camp
- Personal & professional development: Create & implement an individual development plan (IDP) targeting areas of growth
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
- Complete a brief weekly reflection regarding experience, tasks, and self-improvement
- Mandatory abuse prevention training
Skills & Qualities
- A strong understanding of our church’s mission and purpose for camps.
- Must be independent, energetic, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Strong administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of leading a team and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience in administration preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, to execute the envisioned projects and plans effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Unionville Alliance Church
- Is a team player and acts as a positive role model for children, youth, and fellow staff.
- Strong oral and written English communication.
- Organized, punctual, responsible, takes initiative and reliable.
Applicants must be 15-30 years old. Position is contingent upon obtaining the Canada Summer Job Grant.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 11986 ]