Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Driver, MCC Centre Thrift Shop
Driver, MCC Centre Thrift Shop
Abbotsford, British Columbia , V2S 2E8
Do you like figuring out how to move goods in more efficient ways? Do you enjoy being on the road and physically active in your work? MCC BC is looking for a team player with great customer service skills to join the MCC Centre team as a delivery truck Driver.
As the Driver, you will execute pickups and deliveries of furniture donations on a 1-ton cube truck. When the truck is not on the road, you will assist with receiving donations and other back-of-house duties at the Thrift Shop. A key element of this position is representing the beliefs, values, and mission of MCC as you engage with staff, volunteers, and the public.
This is a full-time salaried position (40 hour/week) and requires availability to work on a rotating schedule Monday through Saturday. General store operating hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
MCC is a global, non-profit organization that strives to share God’s love and compassion through relief, development, and peacebuilding. MCC Thrift Shops support MCC’s work locally and globally with the proceeds of their sales. MCC offers a generous remuneration package that includes employer-paid extended benefits and RRSP matching that starts on day one of employment. All qualified candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active participation in a Christian church or Christian community; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- Experience driving a 1-ton Cube van or bigger
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence along with a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Able to work with a variety of people with professionalism and respect in a team environment
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative, while also responding to the direction of management
- Basic English skills (verbal, reading, writing), including comfort and aptitude reading and organizing paperwork, forms, route maps, and receipts
- Steel-toed footwear
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience moving furniture
- Awareness of second-hand market and retail trends; knowledge of antiques, collectibles, and brand recognition
- Commitment to MCC’s vision, purpose, and values
- Commitment to maintain an organizational culture that creates a safe environment for all and that prevents abuses of power
- Satisfactory criminal record clearance (required upon hire)
- Legally able to work in Canada
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY ONLINE
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 12035 ]