Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Hong Kong, Outside Canada/International , 000000
Union Church Hong Kong is a friendly, English-speaking and interdenominational church in Hong Kong with a vision to build a home in Christ to seek, love and serve God and our neighbours. We look back and embrace our calling as a missional church 175+ years ago, while reaching out today to a city in need of hope through faith in Jesus. Hong Kong and Union Church are in an exciting season. We are preparing to move into larger, new premises on Kennedy Road on Hong Kong Island later in 2023. Possibilities abound - new ministries, expanding services to Hong Kong and the world, opportunities for all to pursue God-inspired passions for His Kingdom.
We are seeking a Director of Youth to join our talented staff team. Our Director of Youth will help create an authentic, safe and fun environment where senior youth and junior youth can explore faith and a relationship with Jesus. Our youth are multicultural and multilingual from a variety of international and local schools, and engaged with the Youth Ministry. The successful candidate will develop Youth studies, programmes and opportunities for fellowship on Sundays and Fridays, special outreach events, and enjoy the active support and care from volunteer Youth leaders. The Director of Youth will also collaborate closely with Youth directors at international churches across Hong Kong to plan citywide events.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a loving, supportive community, inspire and teach young people about God, and explore career opportunities at Union Church Hong Kong.
Learn more about Union Church Hong Kong and watch our worship services on our YouTube channel (9:45am Traditional, 11:15am Contemporary).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage, disciple and build relationships with youth both in the congregation and in our city
- Work with volunteer youth leaders at Union Church and connect with other youth leaders in the city
- Design and implement programming for Sundays, Fridays and other special events
- Refresh and implement a Youth Confirmation programme
- Facilitate youth Missions trips both local and overseas
- Report to the Senior Pastor
- Vibrant mature Christian faith
- Relational with a pastor’s heart
- Theologically trained - Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Missional heart and a calling to youth ministry
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Some experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV to HR@unionchurchhk.org with "Director of Youth" as the subject header. We offer a competitive package to the right candidate with includes medical insurance and relocation assistance where needed.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 12057 ]