Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Executive Director of 105 Gibson Centre
Executive Director of 105 Gibson Centre
Markham, Ontario , L3R 3K7
About TCCC and 105 Gibson Centre
TCCC has been actively serving the GTA communities since 1975. The 100 Acadia/105 Gibson location is providing much needed community care services and humanitarian programs reaching across the Scarborough, North York, Markham, and Richmond Hill communities. TCCC is committed to bringing holistic ministry to the local communities in areas of physical, emotional, social, vocational, and spiritual needs. The goal is to contribute to the developing and building of healthy, caring, vibrant and life-changing communities.
Situated at 105 Gibson Drive in Markham, 105 Gibson Centre is a 47,000-square-feet Christian centre. Our mission is to serve the locals and those in needy, and to share with them the compassion and hope of Jesus. We provide diversified care-based services, such as youth programs, older adults wellness community education, career counseling, food bank, cultural and recreational activities. 105 Gibson Centre will also partner with local organizations to provide comprehensive tailor-made services to the residents in the community and surrounding neighbourhoods. Since 105 Gibson Centre opened in Oct 2013, it has been running for approximately 80 hours a week and captured 70,000 visits through rental and programs and over 14,000 individuals have registered for our programs or services. We believe we have delivered relevant services to the ethnically diverse neighbourhoods in the catchment area.
We are looking for a candidate for the following post immediately:
Executive Director of 105 Gibson Centre (40 hours/week, full time staff)
At the juncture of its 10th year, the 105 Gibson Centre has plans to develop and deploy more services and collaborate more extensively with local service partners. We are looking for a qualified and likeminded candidate with community service background, solid strategic planning ability, mature leadership skills, and a mission heart to lead, and to continue the development and transformation of a passionate and diverse service team to deliver the mission and fulfill the mandate of the supportive Christian community.
Under the general direction of TCCC Senior Pastor and the Gibson Advisory Body (GAB), and with the support of Director of Programs and Services and Director of Operations at 105 Gibson Centre, the candidate will be responsible for strategizing, development, organization, delivery and quality control of the community program(s) and services to meet the goals of TCCC and needs of the community as well as the clients participating in the programs of the 105 Gibson Centre. The position reports to the TCCC Senior Pastor.
The successful candidate will:
- Embrace the church's discipleship theology to grow missional disciples of Jesus Christ to impact the world through compassion and reconciliation
- Have passion for God's gospel to be experienced by the neighbours
- Embody publicly the mission, principles, and values of 105 Gibson Centre
- Develop and report on annual strategic goals clearly showing 105 Gibson’s strategic plan as relates to TCCC’s overall strategic plan for achieving the mission of the centre.
- Provide current research, public policy, community demographics, social enterprises directions and communities’ priorities for GAB and the staff team to consider as strategic planning references.
- Conduct regular community survey and needs assessment for marketing and programming purposes.
- Plan, develop, implement, and monitor sustainability strategies in advancing the business side of the centre for program funding and operational needs.
- Develop and implement an advocacy plan for promoting the programs and its successes to all internal and external stakeholders. Communicate effectively, responsibly and in a timely way with TCCC and communities at large to ensure greater visibility and understanding of goals, objectives, and programming outcomes.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with TCCC’s governing body, including the Executive Church Board (ECB), and staff, and 105 Gibson ministry leaders to further TCCC’s mission, vision, core values and overall strategic plan, as well as to foster the mission and vision of 105 Gibson. Liaise with and report to GAB and ECB to ensure execution of the strategic decisions.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and potential community and ministry partners to further advance the common goals of serving the community.
- Represent 105 Gibson in fundraising, public and media events, community meetings, agency events, funders’ events, local coalitions/ task forces.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of program budget to meet fiscal objectives in revenue and expense goals.
- Develop, enforce, and maintain a good working culture that embraces the core values of the 105 Gibson.
- Pioneer the planning, execution and operation of new ministries as deem appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and participation of the programs, and collects statistical data for reporting, decision making and funding application purposes.
- Ensure all programs, staffs and volunteers observe and follow all legal and legislative (WSIB, safety, Human Rights, Employment Standard, and all other government applicable standards), TCCC policies, regulations and quality standard.
- Investigate and resolve complaints or inquires in a timely manner, and report inappropriate or Criminal act to the proper authorities immediately.
- Coach, lead, develop and manage teams to maintain and improve the quality of services and programming of community center delivered by staff (administrative and operational) as well as volunteers.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Minimum Master's degree in theological training in related field and cross disciplines in education, community programming, or social work, etc.
- Ability to integrate and articulate the integration of Christian theology personally and as social impact in a local community context.
- At least five years of proven experience and outcomes in community priority group programming, such as youth, families, at-risk group, etc.
- Experience in front line work and in supervisory role with diverse groups, and with ability to build and sustain productive relationships.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or faith-based setting preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in research, planning, and implementing community-based initiatives.
- Strong consensus builder and able to collaborate with and convene multiple/ diverse partners in efforts that produce specific deliverables and demonstrates outcomes.
- Excellent analytical ability, problem-solving and conflict management skills and detail orientated and the ability to organize and prioritize to achieve the overall goals.
- Possess leadership abilities to create vision, design and manage a process for program development.
- Excellent interpersonal skill in engaging people with diverse ethnic, cultural, educational, socioeconomic, and religious background.
- Familiarity with the community where TCCC and 105 Gibson is located and the general social issues of the community.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills in a multi-staff and diverse volunteer setting.
- Subscribe to ACEM’s tenets of faith, constitutions of TCCC, and seriously consider joining regular membership at TCCC within 6 months of employment.
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and able to provide own vehicle for work-related trips, and able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal English communication and public speaking skills, especially for oration in front of events, group meetings including church services, individual donors, and in front of the camera or for social media.
- Ability to achieve administrative responsibilities on time.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- A firm commitment to the vision and mission of 105 Gibson.
- Passionate in creating social impact, a sense of belonging, holistic care, and building connections with others.
- Strong values with a growth mindset and energetic attitude.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to “get the job done”.
- Self-motivated, willing to take responsibility for actions and work.
- A keen desire to serve community youth, adults, and their families.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience to:
Toronto Christian Community Church
100 Acadia Avenue Markham ON L3R 5A2
Deadline for applications: Mar 31, 2023
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 12073 ]