Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Part-Time Maintenance Worker
Part-Time Maintenance Worker
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Part-Time Maintenance Worker to carry out maintenance and repairs to the five (5) YSM buildings and facilities (except IT, phones, audio-visual & specialist equipment), in a manner that demonstrates the Christian faith. This position will also be required to help pick up and deliver donations and/or drive the vehicle(s), move furniture, set up for meetings, clean up debris and garbage around the property & entrances, take out garbage, and shovel snow and salt.
- To repair all fixtures and furniture, repair and/or replace mechanical equipment such as fans, motors, pumps and valves, adjust doors, windows and such
- To carry out minor plumbing and electrical repairs (toilets, sinks, faucets, lights etc.) carry out small repairs to walls, ceilings and floors ( dry walling, wallpaper, painting, carpet). Prepare walls, doors, frames and baseboards for painting
- To pick up debris and garbage around the property, take out garbage and recycling and ensure all properties are clean and presentable
- Help with donation pickups, drop offs, office moves, drive the vehicles as required
- To attend emergency calls as directed by the Supervisor of Properties
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and directions
- Five (5) years working in property maintenance
- Five (5) years’ experience with dry walling, plastering and painting
- Five (5) years’ experience carrying out small plumbing and electrical repairs
- Five (5) years’ experience dealing with HVAC systems
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
- A police Check will be required
Deadline for Application: Until Position Is Filled
Start Date: Immediately
The ideal candidate's resume and cover letter will express their alignment with the above qualifications, as well as YSM's principles of faith, mission and values.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Date Posted: February 7, 2023
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 12082 ]