Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Administration and Operations Manager
Administration and Operations Manager
Komoka, Ontario , N0L 1R0
Awana International Canada (AIC) - Our mission is to equip church leaders and parents with biblical, relevant, and easy to use discipleship programs so that they can reach kids through long-term relational discipleship. We want kids to Belong, Beleive and Become life long followers of Jesus.
Job Title: Operations/Administration Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Full-time: 35 - 40 hours per week - REMOTE - OPTION
Travel: Minimal travel required for occasional in-person team meetings and 1 annual team conference
Compensation: based on experience, skillset - Band 2 management
Benefits Included: Yes. Comprehensive benefits package including GRSP with employer match up to 5% of salary. 2 weeks vacation plus 1 - 2 weeks office shut down over Christmas
In all positions at Awana, it is foundational that your personal life and goals as a team member of AICare to live for the Lord Jesus Christ above all else and represent him well in your work you do. We want everyone on our team to be outstanding supporters of the vision and mission of Awana.Providing great resources, support and excellent service for our partnered churches and to our team in the field are top priorities and expectations for our team.
The person we are looking for is Highly adaptable and able to learn new tasks as necessary. A positive “can-do” attitude is a must as our roles flex and move based on the season and needs of the ministry. Our team is fun and works hard to get tasks done with excellence. Bringing new team members on is an exciting opportunity for us but is done with a great deal of caution to ensure the culture of our team continues to grow positively.
Our team members are - Humble, Hungry and Smart
In this role you will serve as the primary resource for our team with regard to ministry operations. You will providing up-to-date information and coaching through internal communications and training, you will problem solve with our team, look for ways to improve functionality, and provide accountability through the day to day oversight of ministry operations.
You will represent our Administrative Team as a member of our Executive Leadership Team (ELT). You will ensure that the ELT has the information they need to make decisions in the field, and you will look for opportunities to support the field team through the identification of helpful resources and the provision of operational or administrative support.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Stay attuned to the needs to the team and provide updates, coaching or support as necessary
- Attend bi-weekly leadership team meetings, and bi-weekly all team meetings.
- Work to stay informed about products/inventory, supply chain, and shipping changes or challenges by attending monthly supply chain meetings and maintaining good communication with relevant teams. You will attend monthly supply chain meetings.
- Product pricing and catalogue development
- SWAG planning, coordination, and communication
- Oversight of the operations budget
- Insurance and affiliation/s compliance paperwork and payments
- Oversight of Awana’s CRM including training for new volunteers and staff, problem solving, and analysis of data as requested Oversight of vendor contracts
- Provide coverage for our Finance and Partner Care Coordinators as required (both are currently 24 hours per week)
In addition to will provide support in the follow areas as our team continues to grow:
- Editing and drafting external updates, announcements, press releases, and reports.
- Editing and drafting internal communication that relates to internal policies, systems, and updates etc.
- Project management support for team members working on special projects
Qualifications and Competencies
You are familiar with Awana and have a passion to equip and develop leaders. You are a relational problem solver who has the best interest of the team and the ministry in mind. You provide excellent support for our Executive Leadership Team and are able to ensure accountability for the ministry through documentation management, adherence to timelines, and our commitment to quality work.
Business Management, Business Finance and Business Fundamentals would be preferred OR equivalent experience in operations.
Your specific qualifications include:
- Experience managing a CRM
- Experience with the implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures
- Strong computer proficiency, including GoogleSuit, CRM software, Zoom, Excel
- Ability to manage change
- Demonstrated experience coaching/training a team through operational shifts or the implementation of change
- Has excellent communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task and proven ability to problem solve
- Experience working with teams in remote or multiple offices
- Should be a self-starter who is motivated to work even when on their own
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 12321 ]