Child & Youth Therapist (RP, MSW)
Child & Youth Therapist (RP, MSW)
Waterdown, Ontario , L8B 0G7
Eagles Nest is expanding our team with therapists who are interested in giving back to our community. We are looking for professionals who reflect the values of Eagles Nest and are committed to make to a difference.
Overview Eagles Nest: Eagles Nest is a registered charity located in Waterdown. For more than 18 years Eagles Nest has been working in our community, equipping people with tools to create a healthier future. We work with individuals and families looking to make those changes happen in a supportive and positive environment. We help people cultivate healthy relationships, navigate trauma, and develop self-worth. Our professional and caring staff and volunteers offer counselling, coaching and support programs to adults, youth and children. All services and programs are free or a minimal cost, making them accessible to everyone.
- Provide individual therapy in person or virtually
- Provide high-quality mental health care that is developmentally appropriate
- Organize and maintain current electronic client records
- Practice evidence-informed modalities as well as learn and integrate the latest research and techniques
- Participate in one-hour monthly team meetings to review cases
Understanding that therapists may have their own practice or work at another clinic, our Program Coordinator will work with each therapist to find a schedule that works well for both the therapist and Eagles Nest. Therapists will decide how many clients or hours they want to commit to per month and have a consistent schedule to allow for easy scheduling and consistency. Therapists will also identify what populations of clients they will work with - adults, youth, and/or children.
Eagles Nest administrative staff will coordinate initial intakes, oversee all scheduling and manage payments if applicable. Therapists will use the online management system Owl Practise for clinical notes, secure messaging, scheduling, and video therapy.
- Master's degree in social work, counselling or other university degree relevant to the practice of counselling and psychotherapy from a recognized institution
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with extensive and relevant experience will also be considered
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social - Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as a Social Worker or CRPO
- Experience working as a therapist with kids, teens and families
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, organizational and administrative skills
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong case management skills
- Ability to provide therapeutic interventions with individuals, groups, and family systems
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ongoing commitment to professional growth and development
- Current (within 3 months) clear criminal reference check with vulnerable sector search
- Proof of professional liability insurance
Part-Time Contract Position
Varying Contract Positions Available - minimum commitment one client per month or one hour bi-weekly.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Eagles Nest is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible workplace. In accordance the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, on request all reasonable accommodations will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment and hiring process.
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 12344 ]