Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Manager of Shared Administrative Services (SAS)
Manager of Shared Administrative Services (SAS)
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Manager of Shared Administrative Services (SAS) to ensure organized, skilled administrative support and service to YSM staff leaders and the community towards the achievement of the spiritual and social goals of YSM. The position ensures that YSM staff leaders are not over-laden with administrative duties that keep them from the delivery of programs, services, and operations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this role will involve the management and organization of YSM reception/intake worker front-line staff, function as the site manager for YSM’s 270 Gerrard E building, and provide administrative support to the VP of Operations as required.
- Oversee administrative support to Programs and Partnership division within scope of defined requirements
- Manage schedules, efficiency, and adherence to protocols of all reception/intake workers at applicable YSM locations
- Work with staff leaders in the development of systems and processes for the management of volunteers and reception staff to achieve administrative support
- Hire, supervise, and train SAS staff. Train and supervise volunteers as required
- Ensure the compilation and record keeping of any metrics deemed relevant by staff leadership
- Manage SAS payroll submissions, and SAS and Community financial accounts and budgets
- Coordinate with Finance, Philanthropy on management and tracking of GIK goods and donor relations
- In conjunction with other on-site leaders, develop agendas and chair meetings that deal with timely and necessary matters
- Manage expenses and procurement of building shared office equipment and supplies
- Work with VP Operations on administrative tasks, meetings, and information as required
- Recommend and update ysm-wide policies and procedures
- Support and manage other YSM activities in the Community and staff training as approved by the VP Operations
- Accomplish other “one-off” tasks such as the development of standardized templates on an “as needed” basis
- Post-secondary education combined with a minimum of 4-5 years’ relevant experience
- Effective supervisory, administrative, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Very good command of English communication skills
- Understanding of inter-city poverty, cross-cultural and multi-faith issues
- Extensive experience with confidential matters, tact and discretion
- Proficiency with office equipment, computer hardware and software, network and internet
- Accuracy, detail-orientation, flexibility and maturity
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in management of de-escalation, CPI, and trauma-informed intervention
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: March 27, 2023
Start Date: April 2023
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: March 9, 2023
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 12365 ]