Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Stouffville, Ontario , L4A 3E9
EastRidge is an evangelical church that welcomes kids into a great summer camp experience. In 2023 EastRidge will focus on 6 weeks of summer camp for kids and youth programming between the ages of 5 and 13. Our goal is to create engaging and growing camp opportunities for children and youth in the town of Stouffville.
A Senior Intern will provide assistance to the Children’s Ministry Director and Head Intern for weekly children and youth camps.
EastRidge will provide all training and ongoing coaching to the staff and encourage them to develop their gifts and passions as they relate to working with children.
- Demonstrates a commitment to growing in Christ.
- Agreement with the statements of faith, vision and values of EastRidge.
- Compassion for children and teens and a strong desire to serve them.
- Experience in serving children and students.
- Experience and demonstrable skills in directing volunteers.
- A current police background check.
Senior Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement camp programs for children.
- Provide high-quality and enjoyable experiences for camp participants.
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Maintain a schedule for campers.
- Organize and lead various small and large group activities, making modifications for children who need accommodations.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records, including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Ensure all Public Health guidelines and best practices are adhered to.
- Record and track camper’s dietary restrictions/allergies and ensure that the meals/snacks are distributed to them.
- Know, enforce, and follow all emergency procedures and safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your charges at all times.
- Assist in helping with camper behaviour management when necessary, by providing additional support to staff/volunteers.
- Act as a direct liaison with parents, campers, and camp counsellors to ensure program success.
- June 22nd 2023 – August 28th 2023
- 40hr/week (less unpaid lunch break of ½ hr each day) = 37.5 hrs
- $16.50 / Hour
Regular Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm but may change depending on the program of the week. Hours may occasionally also include weekend work. Number of hours may also slightly fluctuate week to week.
Camp Counselor Qualifications / Skills:
- Enjoys being in the company of children
- Works well with others
- Communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Problem-solving skills
- Organization skills
- Mediation skills
- Experience leading camps in a church setting.
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field is an asset.
- Must be able to carry heavy loads.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks outside in various climates.
Job description may be updated or adapted before employment begins.
To apply please send in your resume to email@example.com
Only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 12369 ]