Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Sibling Program Intern
Sibling Program Intern
North York , Ontario , M2H1J8
(July 10, 2023 - August 21, 2023; 30 hours a week)
Do you want to develop your passion of working with children and youth through exploration and practical experience? This 6-week internship opportunity will give you hands-on experience in facilitating a sibling support group for children and youth who have brothers or sisters with disabilities. You will plan and explore, under the guidance of a mentor, ways to support siblings. This experience is sure to give you a taste of the field of family support services and ministry.
- Passion and experience in supporting/mentoring siblings of individuals with disabilities
- Experience programming and facilitating children and/or youth programs Strong leadership, time management, creativity, and program development skills
- Applicants must be between age 18 and 30 to be considered to meet the government grant criteria
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2 Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Email, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check clearance
- Fluent in English. Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin, and Spanish is an asset
- Must be willing to work in an overnight camp for a week outside the city of Toronto.
- Plan and facilitate camp programs for siblings (ages 6-18) of children/adults with disabilities and their family
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and meet all time-sensitive tasks both independently and as a team
- Attend all orientations, debriefs, team meetings, trainings, and field studies
- Daytime, evening, and weekend flexibility required
- Conduct family orientation sessions and volunteer training
- Engage with the community through social media
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 30th, 2023. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Positions are dependent on successful outcome for Canada Summer Jobs grant.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 12398 ]