Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Camp Coordinator Intern
Camp Coordinator Intern
North York , Ontario , M2H 1J8
(July 10, 2023 - August 21, 2023; 30 hours a week)
Are you interested in working with families with special needs? The 6-week internship is an opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience in creating and facilitating programs for individuals of all ages at Camp Eulogia under the guidance of a mentor. This internship will grow your understanding and skills in working with families, children, youth, and young adults with special needs in camp and ministry settings.
- Passion and experience programming for families of individuals with disabilities
- Experience creating, planning, and facilitating group programs
- Demonstrates an understanding of the lived experiences of families of individuals with disabilities.
- Strong leadership, time management, creativity, and program development skills
- Applicants must be between age 18 and 30 to be considered to meet the government grant criteria
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Email, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check clearance
- Fluent in English. Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin, and Spanish is an asset
- Must be willing to work in an overnight camp for a week outside the city of Toronto.
- Work collaboratively with the Camp and Parents teams to develop and facilitate camp programs for Parents of children with disabilities and assist with family activity planning
- Develop devotional and activity materials to be used by families at our cottage retreat
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and meet all time-sensitive tasks both independently and as a team
- Attend all orientations, debriefs, team meetings, trainings, and field studies
- Daytime, evening, and weekend flexibility required
- Conduct family orientation sessions and volunteer training
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2023. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.Positions are dependent on successful outcome for Canada Summer Jobs grant.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 12401 ]