Administration Support Assistant
Administration Support Assistant
Scarborough Ontario, Ontario , M1V4Y1
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a trilingual (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) multigenerational church with about 1,600 members. We are strategically located in Scarborough, Greater Toronto Area, which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural areas in North America. We strive to serve the local community and beyond seeking to be a blessing to all peoples.
SCBC seeks a full-time contract Administration Support Assistant to assist and coordinate the administration of various Church’s Ministry and Team works.
The incumbent is someone familiar with office administration, database management, ministry coordination and training. This position requires working closely with the Administration Office Team, pastoral team, ministry leaders, staff members and volunteers; and reports directly to the Administration Manager.
- Coordinate annual phase card project
- Manage weekly printing of devotional and other materials for children and parents
- Manage electronic file (Google Drive, bookkeeping conference or training record, bookkeeping on volunteer applications)
- Accounting (income & expense statement, PayPal report, payroll, payment requests and reimbursements, issue tax receipts)
- Manage Sales Force - data management for Plan to protect training for parents and volunteers
- Manage Sales Force - data management for police check, screening procedures
- Create registration event and link for children and other church ministries.
- Subscribe or renew curriculum (i.e. Orange) and other resources for Children Ministry
- Oversee and manage ministry volunteers and recruitment procedures.
- Keep track ministry Bible and resources inventory
- PCO database maintenances and running reports.
- Create registration event and link for children and other ministries.
- Coordinate purchase and process VISA payment for ministry
- Manage, oversee and follow up Plan to Protect training records, police check record and volunteers status
- Manage and oversee Youth Group Annual Registration and youth counsellor sign up
- Assist Youth Counsellor recruitment workflow
- Provide Senior Pastor Adm Support
- Provide other ministry supports: Mission, Outreach, Cantonese and Mandarin, English ministry
- Assist Church Communication as required and directed by Administration Manager
- Coordinate and collect ministry information, stories, data for internal communication and production purposes
- assist editing and translation of collected ministry stories, articles, reports ready for promotion, communication, printing and/or posting on website or other electronic media.
- assist production interview, script writing and other necessary coordination among teams to meet timeline and designed outcome.
- Solid knowledge of office administration best practice and procedures
- Proven work experience as an administration assistant or similar role
- Experience using Microsoft and Word processing software, e.g. Word, and others , possess advance excel skills
- Experience with data management and scheduling in a church setting is an asset
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Post-secondary diploma or undergraduate degree in administration, business administration, data management, or related field
- Knowledge and operation of Salesforce, PCO software is considered a plus
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of written and verbal English and Chinese (Cantonese) is a must. Spoken Mandarin is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to address issues, members concerns and event organizers in a professional manner.
- Spiritually mature believer in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a passion for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the job requirements as soon as possible to email@example.com or by mail to:
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church
3223 Kennedy Road
Please quote Administration Support Assistant in the subject line.
SCBC is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted by the Administration Office Search Committee member in relation to an employment opportunity, please make your accommodation request, if necessary, at that time. We will take accommodation measures to provide you with a barrier-free selection process. All accommodation requests will be treated confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 12438 ]