Children's Ministry Director
Children's Ministry Director
Toronto, Ontario , M5R 3P2
New Hope Fellowship Downtown Campus is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director to lead and develop a sustainable children’s ministry program for infants to grade 8, support and equip volunteers, and build relationships with families. We are a growing church, predominantly pan-Asian, with the desire and vision to grow as a multiethnic and multigenerational church to serve the community in which God has placed us.
We are looking for:
- A part-time position. This position may be re-evaluated for a full-time position in the future. Salary commensurate to successful candidate’s qualifications.
- Preferrable start date: August 1, 2023.
- A spirit-filled, devout believer, and disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A passion for God and His command to nurture our children to know Christ, to live righteous and holy before God, and to have true pride in who they are as people of God.
- Experience in children’s ministry program(s) and has been trained in children’s education or child/youth worker studies from a post-secondary institution/Bible College/Seminary. Formal theological background is preferred, but not necessary. The church is willing to provide theological support.
- A person open to engaging and exploring outreach opportunities to families and children.
- A person to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check.
- Provide direction and planning (curriculum, vision, etc) for children’s ministry.
- Effectively manage a team of volunteers including training and equipping them to serve.
- Build and maintain relationships and communications with parents and volunteers.
- Articulate the Gospel and his/her own faith and theology.
- Build and manage a sustainable children’s program that is age appropriate.
- Plan and lead weekly Sunday worship, sermon/lesson, and activities (crafts, games, etc).
- Develop yearly events/presentations (Easter, Thanksgiving, Summer/Winter VBS, camps, etc).
- Work with pastor(s) and supervising deacon(s) to manage budget and child protection policies and other safety protocols.
- Able to work both independently and with others
- First Aid & CPR/AED Level C certification. If none, training and certification will be arranged by the church.
- Attend agreed upon meetings as arranged by pastor(s) and other officers and provide accountability and progress reports.
- Able to follow the beliefs and theological policies of the church.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter to:
The successful candidate is required to agree to our Statement of Faith, By-Laws, Values, and Lifestyle Agreement and complete Protection Policy requirements. We thank all candidates for their application; only those considered qualified will be contacted in person.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 12441 ]