Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to support our various staff and stakeholders as we work to achieve our ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation. YSM's Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will provide excellent, welcoming reception, and administrative duties in a fast-paced environment in the Shared Administrative Services Department.
The successful candidate will communicate with people at all levels; staff, community members, volunteers, donors, stakeholders, and agencies providing efficient administrative support, in a manner demonstrating Christian faith and due competence.
- Manage the building and reception areas, phone calls, visitors, mail, and courier deliveries
- Extend a warm welcome, creating a relaxed peaceful environment
- Answer basic inquiries, redirect calls, direct people to programs, manage crowd flow, door security and handling conflict
- Handle donor relations tasks utilizing Raiser’s Edge software and other donor tasks as required
- Manage room and equipment bookings, and coordinate use of space agreements
- Handle ordering office supplies and other purchases for staff
- Utilize Microsoft Word software to produce material, input and maintain databases
- Coordinate communications and tasks in BaseCamp for the reception team
- Manage gifts-in-kind donations and inventory maintenance process
- Keep informed and research to provide relevant, current resources and information to staff, volunteers and program participants
- Act as a YSM Reception staff team member providing assistance with training, managing meetings and shifts
- Be an active team member of the wider YSM community
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with YSM safety and security policies and procedures; including assessing when to call for assistance and back-up
- Good telephone voice, pleasant, tactful, diplomatic and friendly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written English communication skills
- Tactful, diplomatic and friendly manner
- Prompt, reliable, self-motivated, conscientious and innovative
- At least five years of experience with office administration, and customer care
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software, database and internet functionality
- Experience working in a multicultural, multi-faith setting, and with those struggling with multiple challenges
- Ability to keep composure and prioritize effectively during high-stress periods and situations
- Ability to professionally and compassionately handle confidential, sensitive donation and financial processes
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and data entry is an assest
- Ability to coach, train, and instruct staff and volunteers
- Training in crisis prevention intervention and CPR First Aid is an asset
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
- A Police Record Check is required
Deadline for Application: April 12, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Date Posted: March 29, 2023
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 12494 ]