Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Mail Out/ Donor Servies Administrative Clerk
Mail Out/ Donor Servies Administrative Clerk
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4B 4N6
Join us as we go to the world’s poorest places – so the most vulnerable are not left behind.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing for children with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities.
About this Role:
Employment status: Contract Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Duration: July 3, 2023 to January 31, 2025
Location: 1600 16th Ave - Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Manager, Donor Services, the Mail Out/ Donor Services Administrative Clerk position is responsible for the efficient co-ordination of all mailroom processes, inventory management of stationery and products, the coordination and mailing of Christmas cards and incentive gifts requested by our donors, the packaging and mailing of healing hugs material for third party vendors as well as providing administrative support within Donor Services.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Print out materials for outgoing mail
- Sort, merge and print letters and other materials for existing and new donors
- Prepare outbound mail and parcels
- Fulfil Christmas Card Orders and incentive gifts in a timely manner for mail delivery
- Ensure outgoing mail contains required mailing materials, are collated properly, with accurate dates and postage charged to the right accounts
- Regular operation of mailroom equipment (folder/inserter/postage meter)
- Management of postage supplies
- Assist internal clients (Hope and Healing staff) with mailing needs while promoting efficiency and cost control
- Packaging and mailing of healinghugs material for third party vendors
- Provide advice to internal clients (Hope and Healing staff) on postage and courier options
- Conduct online research on available courier pricing
- Contact couriers to schedule pick ups
- Prepare all courier packages
- Maintain accurate mailing records
- Ensure that all the invoices for courier services are accounted for and delivered on time to Accounts Payable Representative
- Liaise with Canada Post, Soaring Eagles and Couriers (UPS, A&B etc.)
- Confirm that all Hope and Healing inventory counts are maintained accurately, and material is always in stock. Inventory will be maintained using the smartsheet tool.
- Update donors’ profiles with information related to information requests, change of addresses and communication preferences using the donor data base software
- Fulfill requests from donors and colleagues for materials such as the Prayer Diary, Hope and Healing Calendar, the financial statement and healinghugs promotional material such as bears etc.
- Create communication records in the donor data base as needed
- Work with team to help open incoming mail donations
- Investigate and follow up with returned mail. Update information changes and add communications to the donor’s profile in donor data base
- Comfortable communicating with donors either by phone, email or letter as needed for administration needs
- Prepare month end reports, including the postage expense report to ensure it is balanced and that all the invoices for postage are accounted for and delivered on time to Accounts Payable Representative for payment
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Donor Services Manager
Our ideal candidate would have:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with mailroom processes, courier services, postage machine and inventory management is preferred
- Efficient keyboarding and data entry skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks daily
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with provided guidelines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of Studio Enterprise will be an asset
- Knowledge of Smartsheet will be an asset
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Occasional local travel for work (pick up mail at the post office / bank deposits)
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time
- A full range of body motion including handling and light lifting; manual and finger dexterity; eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate computer and peripheral equipment and mail room mechanical aids
- Regular lifting and moving up to 25 pounds; Occasional lifting and moving up to 40 pounds
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people excited about changing the world for children with disabilities so they can go to school, play and thrive in their community.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We love spending time with friends and family, so we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We observe the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation with a day off and emphasize that the recognition and commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impact of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
- Employees’ wellbeing is our priority. We have ergonomic and comfortable workspaces/rooms, fitness reimbursement, preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- We encourage employees’ professional growth. You will be eligible for paid training and development.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 15, 2023
Only applications with cover letters will be considered
Learn more about Hope and Healing International here
The safety of our staff is of the utmost importance to us; therefore, considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to let job applicants know that Hope and Healing International’s employment offers are conditional upon new hires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Hope and Healing International is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are accessible. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 12831 ]