Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Communications Specialist (full time)
Communications Specialist (full time)
Brampton, Ontario , L6T 5C6
Position Description Position Title: Communications Specialist
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: VP of Communications
(Last Modified: May 2, 2023)
We seek a full-time, gifted wordsmith to help grow our ability to effectively promote the Partners International story to our donor community. This role will champion content that inspires donors by using marketing vehicles from direct mail and social media to reports and webpages. This team member will be critical in positioning our voice and ensuring consistency across all platforms. You will be responsible for publishing content that builds awareness, amplifies our voice, generates leads, and fosters loyalty.
As a social media content creator, your role is to develop engaging and relevant content that captures the target audience's attention and drives engagement. You will be responsible for crafting compelling messages, engaging prospects, creating eye-catching visuals, and growing our online following while measuring effectiveness.
You will also assist in managing our website, data and CRM to ensure our content is delivered to the right people at the right time. An ideal candidate will help implement campaigns that target specific donor segments and ensures the completeness of data.
This role requires creativity, attention to detail, software proficiency and basic marketing and data skills. Candidates must have a love for writing, an inquisitive nature, and a natural alignment with our mission, vision and Christian worldview.
- Collaborates with our team to create effective marketing material
- Writes various types of promotional pieces about our international partners with a creative and response-driven focus
- Collects resources and curates research required to support content generation
- Integrates non-digital and digital communications to serve a diverse donor community PartnersInternational.ca
- Distributes regular and timely content that educates, inspires and motivates
- Helps cultivate new donors by creating direct-response content
- Uses authentic storytelling to help demonstrate program success and need
- Optimizes content with clear call-to-actions
- Scripts general content for short and medium-length videos
- Creates layouts of appealing content using various software
- Positions Partners International as mission experts
- Manages templates for efficiency in delivering content across multiple media
- Maintain content in alignment with the communications strategy, brand and our ministries vision
- Proofreading for accuracy, tone and consistency
- Supports marketing leadership through administrative support for various projects
Digital Engagement and CRM Coordination:
- Builds our donor community by spreading our brand, engaging with our audience and creating shareable content across different digital channels
- Manages our social media presence (includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo)
- Creates and distributes regular and timely content and ads
- Grows our social presence and followers
- Engages followers in relevant discussions inside and outside of our channels
- Drives relevant leads to our website, events, and other initiatives
- Converts digital traffic to donors and advocates with clear calls-to-action
- Measures and helps grow our subscriber base across all media
- Manages various email campaigns, including collecting content, writing and populating templated designs
- Ensures these emails get into the right inboxes at the right time
- Increases email open and click-through rates
- Assists in the generation of web initiatives and targeted landing pages
- Helps plan and organize content on our website
- Creates free resources to drive leads, increases subscribers and builds awareness Optimizes content for search engines
- Helps populate content into other proprietary platforms
- Stays informed on media trends
- Evaluates and route internal staff to specific people requiring one-to-one conversations
- Helps ensure the accuracy of donor data
- Helps execute our customer relationship management strategies
- Collaborates with various departments to provide fundamental data insight into our sales and marketing processes.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Gifting:
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Humanities or equivalent
- Experience as either an in-house writer or at a marketing agency
- Biblical and missiology knowledge
- Ability to both think creatively and think analytically
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experiences in direct-response marketing
- Demonstrated experience as a story-teller
- Able to effectively communicate Partner’s perspective maturely in a digital world (global, missiological and biblical awareness essential)
- Focused on crafting a message that motivates and drives response
- Understands how to build and convert donors
- Inquisitive, self-learner who is data-driven
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge of effective digital media strategies
- Working understanding of CRM best practices and processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Growing analytical skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and adhering to deadlines
- Comfortable editing some repetitive content
- Ability to dig out information using research, exploration and informal interviews
- An understanding of marketing principles
- Experience with Social Media platforms
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts
- Comfortable using a variety of digital tools every day
- Experienced and comfortable using a CMS and CRM daily
- Experience imputing assets that are mobile and desktop-friendly
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Proficiency in the Google workspace
- Comfortable learning proprietary software that is under development
- Full-time, hybrid work environment (minimum of 3 days/week in office)
- Salary range is $39,000 - $50,000
We partner with local leaders in challenging places to build the church and transform communities in the name of Jesus.
Our Unique Drivers are:
- Local Leaders (indigenous to their region of the world),
- Risk-taking (bringing the gospel of Jesus to the most challenging places) and
- Holistic Approach (integration of word (gospel) and deed (relief and development).
We are a Christian mission in the evangelical tradition focusing on gospel proclamation and integral mission. All of our staff members are encouraged to sign a lifestyle and code of conduct statement and to be donors of our mission.
Our staff gathers weekly for a one-hour “chapel” event during which we pray together, study the Bible and learn about and are inspired by our mission. This event includes interaction with our international partners, donors and the Canadian Church. We live out our faith in Jesus through our work, our relationships and our passion to see our world transformed in the name of Jesus.
Because we are a donor-facing ministry, there are professional expectations for all staff regarding dress, language and social media usage.
We are a cross-cultural, global mission interacting with people of different backgrounds, languages and cultures. “Cultural Intelligence” is nurtured and expected alongside emotional and intellectual intelligence among our staff members.
Our Statement of Faith can be found here (WEA Statement of Faith)
- Jesus Changes Lives
- We are on Mission with God
- Every Person has Dignity and Worth
- Partnering is God’s ideal
- Bold Leaders Make a Difference
- Integrity Matters
- We are to Bring Our Best
Thank you for your consideration: Please take time to include a cover letter in your application and tell us what personally appeals to you about our culture and mission!
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 12868 ]