Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Summer Day Camp Leader
Summer Day Camp Leader
Pickering, Ontario , L1V 1R8
Amberlea Presbyterian Church Facebook
Amberlea Presbyterian Church YouTube
Primary Scope of Position:
Support the ongoing ministry to children and youth in the community by leading the Summer Team in planning and implementing summer programming. Build relationships with children and youth, modeling a Christ-like lifestyle and attitude, leading ministry events that reinforce our church's priorities, and becoming actively involved in the life and community of Amberlea.
- Provide direction, leadership and mentoring to the Summer Team including navigating conflicts, building relationships and delegating tasks.
- Lead team planning and execution of all summer, children, youth and family ministry initiatives in cooperation with the Family Ministry Director including:
- Mini Camp
- Musical Theatre Camp
- Weekly family event
- Youth events
- Community outreach event
- Coordinate the team in specific activities including games, crafts, dramas, snacks, stories, music, communications and administration.
- Ability to use a variety of communication mediums including film and social media
- Build relationships with children, youth and parents
- Communicate with church leadership in joint initiatives and any issues as well as liaising with the Exceptional Family Ministry Coordinator.
- Prepare a summary report of the Summer Team, and programs complete with an evaluation and recommendations for improvement
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Live a lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ and one that models Christ
- Respect and appreciation for the Presbyterian expression of faith
- Demonstrated leadership experience with children and youth programming and creative planning
- Energetic, self-motivated, and a strong ability to lead, work and serve well with others
- Excellent time management, organization, administration and research skills
- At ease with sharing Bible stories and the Gospel and leading others in it
- Good technical skills (Social media, virtual gathering, film and editing)
- Interest in education and/or children or youth ministry
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Willing to follow the Leading with Care policies and submit to a police check and all Health & Safety training
- The Day Camp Leader will be under direct supervision of the Administrator and Family Ministries Director and Lead Pastor.
- The supervisor(s) commit to:
- Communicate daily to go over the tasks to be completed and review the activities of the day.
- Meet weekly one to one to provide feedback on job performance and insure the health and safety procedures are being met.
- At least once weekly observe the employee at work insuring quality and completion of tasks
- Evaluate and review their work experience at the end of the work term.
- The mentor(s) commit to:
- Connect at the start of the work term to review the work skills he/she will develop during their placement including: client services, teamwork, communication, leadership and childcare programming skills.
- Connect weekly to review the achievement of these goals and where there are other opportunities they can be guided in their development.
Duration: 10 weeks, June 12 – August 20
Hours: 35 hours/week
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 12879 ]