Child and Youth Ministry Worker
Child and Youth Ministry Worker
Brantford, Ontario, Ontario
Date: May 9, 2023
Job Description: Child and Youth Ministry Worker
Applicable Educational Programs: Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Urban Ministry, Ministry
Position Type: This role is a summer contract position of up to 30 hours per week on average (but may vary from week to week, as needed). It is expected that you will manage the variability of this average work week. This contract is for a period of up to 14 weeks from May-August, 2023. * Accommodation options are a possibility.
Location: A portion of this role can be completed remotely but with the expectation that the incumbent will participate in services, meetings, and events throughout the week at our main location (347 Fairview Ave. Brantford) or at other locations in and around Brantford, ON as required.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Overview of the Organization: Brantford Church of the Nazarene (BrantNaz) has recently embarked upon a revitalization process and has embraced the new direction taking place over the last year. BrantNaz is a community focused church (community vegetable garden, food pantry, community rock garden, and an ongoing relationship with Northland Gardens a subsidized housing complex a short walk from the church) with the mission introducing people (especially the next generation) to Jesus and the church. The Lord has begun to assemble like-minded people in this task and regularly is bringing people who are “on the way to God” in touch with our community.
Overview of the Position: The Child and Youth Ministry Worker position is designed to continue to advance our ministry to children and youth, especially with respect to outreach in the community. This is an important ministry role requiring a wide range of leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. The role requires an individual who recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize their God-given skills and personal attributes in His service.
Primary Purpose: The Child and Youth Ministry Worker will work alongside the BrantNaz staff team and the other summer students with the following main accountabilities:
- Lead in the planning and implementation of our KidZone Summer Camp & Jr. High Summer Program. Including: Promotion, Volunteer Recruitment, Training, Media & Program Planning. (KidZone M,W,F 10am-12:00pm x 8 Weeks, Jr High M,W 2:00-4:00pm x 7 weeks)
- Assist in the development our Youth “Leaders in Training”.
- Serve alongside our Lead Pastor and Community Connections Coordinator in supporting and developing our children, youth and community outreach ministries.
- Leadership Development: Provided with the opportunity to learn, develop, practice, and explore various aspects of leadership, management and administration within the context of not-for -profit charitable organization.
- Children, Youth and Outreach Ministry: Develop skills associated with working with children and youth (at risk populations) with a special focus on outreach.
- Opportunity for additional education learning objectives at Student’s Request.
Education: Enrollment in a relevant (see above) post-secondary co-operative education program is a benefit.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Friendly and outgoing, able to quickly make positive connections with children, youth and parents.
- Ability to lead and work cooperatively with staff and volunteer teams.
- Demonstrated problem solver, able to creatively overcome obstacles and difficulties.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and to see next steps and take them.
Technical Skills: Requires at least beginning to intermediate level skills with computers, social media, graphics and design etc.
- Experience working with children and/or youth in a church or other ministry setting.
- Experience in leadership or key responsible roles.
- Experience serving in a camp and/or day camp ministry is an asset.
Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the great commission of Jesus: “Go therefore and make disciples …”
BrantNaz considers its reputation with its church family and the broader public its greatest asset. Accordingly, in the course of your employment you will be expected to adhere to a Christian ethic [We hold that the Ten Commandments, as reaffirmed in the New Testament teachings of Jesus Christ, demonstrated most fully and concisely in the Great Commandment and the Sermon on the Mount constitute the basic Christian ethic. As per Nazarene: Covenant of Christian Conduct]
To comply with any policies as introduced and administered during their employment.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 12955 ]