Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Canada Branch Leader
Canada Branch Leader
Toronto, Ontario , M1W 2S5
Jews for Jesus Canada is seeking an exceptional Christian leader to become its new Canada Branch Leader. We are looking for a visionary strategic thinker, an engaging and collaborative team leader, a proven networker, an excellent communicator, and someone who has organizational and fiscal management, as well as public speaking and fundraising experience. Most importantly, they will oversee the execution of Jewish evangelism and discipleship through Jews for Jesus in Canada.
The Canada Branch Leader is responsible for successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Canada Board of Directors. They are responsible for overseeing the overall vision, mission, strategy, leadership, and governance of the Canada branch, including brand profile, mission impact, and financial health. Responsibilities include strategic planning and financial oversight, establishing and monitoring progress towards major goals and objectives for the organization, implementing Board policies, acting as an ambassador for the organization, fundraising and donor development, establishing partnerships, evaluating impact and outcomes, hiring and managing staff, and fostering an innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Management of organization.
- Carrying out the mission of Jews for Jesus within approved budgets.
- Providing strategic leadership to identify present and future opportunities to advance the global mission and ministries of Jews for Jesus and to incorporate them into clear goals, objectives, and plans.
- Acting as the primary representative and ambassador of Jews for Jesus at the most senior levels.
- Providing vision and leadership in developing long term strategies and initiatives for Jews for Jesus.
- Exploring and ensuring the development of appropriate strategic alliance and co-operative ministry opportunities.
- Developing relationships with Christian leaders in relevant fields.
- Proving vision, leadership, and action to strengthen Jews for Jesus’ position within the Christian church.
- Proving leadership to staff and volunteers of Jews for Jesus to identify and ensure development of potential candidates to fulfill the necessary roles within Jews for Jesus.
- Provide the staff and volunteers with pastoral/spiritual support and guidance, giving priority to personal devotions, Bible study, prayer, and involvement in a local church fellowship.
- Ensuring that the actions of staff are compatible, coherent, and integrated with the strategic plans and initiatives of Jews for Jesus.
- Enhancing Jews for Jesus’ reputation by educating and communicating regularly with its supporters and volunteers.
- Developing and articulating a mission and vison for Jews for Jesus in conjunction with the Canadian Board; and
- Managing all key relationships with major stakeholders as above.
Financial, tax, risk, and facilities management
- Prepare, present, and manage the annual budget.
- Oversee the preparations of the statutory accounts of Jews for Jesus.
- Report on the financial and taxation issues pertaining to Jews for Jesus’ business
- Identify, asses, and report on elements in the global context that directly affect Jews for Jesus’ ministry, strategies, and structure.
Human resource management
- Overseeing and fostering a positive team and work culture.
- Providing pastoral care to Jews for Jesus staff and volunteers.
- Taking responsibility for personal development of staff and volunteers, including regular review of their work; taking an interest in their spiritual progress
- Recruiting and release of staff and volunteers where necessary.
- Providing succession plans for critical roles.
Community and public relations
- Representing Jews for Jesus at churches, functions, and fundraising events across the nation.
- Engaging with the media on any issues relevant to Jews for Jesus.
- When strategic, attending and participating in relevant forums and conferences.
- Overseeing fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to reach existing and emerging donor groups.
Board administration and support
- Reporting to the Board through the Chairman.
- Supporting the operations and administration of the Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between the Board and staff.
- Referring all Board matters to the Chairman in the first instance
- Leading budgeting and planning processes.
- Investing intentional time in nurturing the interest in and commitment to Jews for Jesus by current and former members of the Board.
Vision and leadership
- Providing leadership for Jews for Jesus to raise strategic capabilities of all partner entities and aligning those capabilities in such a manner as to strengthen the ministry effectiveness and impact of Jews for Jesus.
- Creating and building among the Christian community understanding and awareness of Jews for Jesus, its vision, mission, and goals.
- Providing vigorous, inspirational leadership to the task of winning acceptance and support for Jews for Jesus’ mission and ministry.
- Upholding at all times the values and commitments of Jews for Jesus, as well as its Biblical foundation and truth; and
- Fostering and cultivating an understanding of the Jews for Jesus’ approach to ministry as an expression of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially among key church leaders.
Strategy and development
- Identifying, assessing and reporting on elements in the global context that directly affect Jews for Jesus’ ministry, strategies and structure;
- Identifying and assessing major strategic opportunities and dangers to the ministry of Jews for Jesus and develop innovative responses.
- Elevating and encouraging awareness of and support for Jews for Jesus with Christian leaders, church bodies, parachurch organizations and Christians in general.
- Actively participating in fund raising and ensuring the appropriate education and communication to donors.
- Contributing to the larger work of Jesus Christ through Jews for Jesus and its mission by speaking and when very strategic, also by writing, accepting leadership opportunities in Christian networks, using these opportunities to challenge and spur action toward the cause of “creating and growing communities of Christian witness in partnership with God’s people in various regions of the world”.
Maintaining global relationships
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with members of the global Jews for Jesus network.
- Ensuring that the spirit and direction of the organization are effectively fostered throughout the international partner ministries and Jews for Jesus’ operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Served as a missionary in a Jews for Jesus branch for at least 5 years.
- Be an active member of a Jews for Jesus branch.
- Conducted projects as a missionary, team leader, or church minister for a Jews for Jesus branch.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or an equivalent combination of Jewish and Christian education and training.
- Knowledge of business and management principals involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and management, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Excellent personal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate plan strategies that will positively influence the level of acceptance of organizational changes.
- Strong EQ and be committed to building strong lasting relationships.
- Be a servant leader willing to lead or follow as necessary.
- Be a demonstrated and dedicated follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to Jews for Jesus’ statement of faith.
- Demonstrate leadership and manage Jews for Jesus operational activities.
- Demonstrate excellent engagement with Jews for Jesus international affiliates
- Have basic computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Have experience with a CRM system, preferably Blackbaud.
- Ongoing personal development is an asset.
Work Term: This is a permanent full-time position, minimum of 35 hours per week.
Salary: It is anticipated that the salary will be within the range of $85,000 to $90,000 gross per annum, depending on the candidate’s qualification and experience; annual salary will be the basis for calculating all incentive, pension, and benefit obligations and entitlements.
Benefits: Group Life, Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Plan benefits are provided as part of this full-time offer of employment, as well as enrolment in the Jews for Jesus Group Pension Plan.
Language of Work: English
Business Address: 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, M1W 2S5, Canada
Location of Work: Toronto, with regular travel across Canadian cities.
Please send cover letter and resume or CV to Dan Sered, Canada Interim Director, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Canada Branch Leader” in the subject line of your email.
The position will remain open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, due to the volume of applications and inquires we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 12968 ]